HIV-AIDS-STD's : Swingers Discussion 1834851011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHIV-AIDS-STD's
TOPIC: HIV-AIDS-STD's
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Here is an example......

A significantly higher percentage of men with nonsteady partners (36%) did not know the serostatus of their most recent partner, compared with men who only had steady partners (8%; p<0.01). Among the sexually active MSM, 30% reported oral sex exclusively and 13% reported anal sex exclusively at last sexual encounter; 55% reported both behaviors. Overall, 40% of sexually active MSM reported insertive anal intercourse at last sexual encounter; of these, 25% did not use a condom. No significant differences were observed by partner type (steady versus nonsteady) for insertive anal intercourse at last sexual encounter (43% versus 38%, respectively) or not using a condom for insertive anal intercourse (28% versus 24%, respectively); therefore, data were combined by partner type. Insertive anal intercourse at last sexual encounter was significantly less likely with HIV-negative partners and partners of unknown serostatus than with HIV-positive partners (Table 2). Among men who had insertive anal intercourse at last sexual encounter, UIAI was significantly less likely with HIV-negative partners than with HIV-positive partners. No difference was observed when UIAI among HIV-positive partners was compared with UIAI among partners of unknown serostatus.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16976 posts)
Sorry, not buying it.

I'm guessing the CDC has come under political pressure in the last couple of years because I can't find the page I recall that defined MSM. (not so shocking with our currnent administation) How else can it be that a definition for the term can be so hard to find on the CDC site. It absolutely, positively used to be there.

However if you look through a couple of Fact Sheets you'll typically find something like this

MSM's who reported anal intercourse MSM's who reported drug use AND>>>>>>>>> MSM's who reported oral sex ONLY.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16976 posts)
The CDC does state it, but I'll reference some sites that cite the CDC as a source that are less 'governmenty' to dig through.

From avert dot org, an organization meant to decrease the incidents of HIV and AIDS, "In the context of the global AIDS epidemic, MSM is a significant because it is exclusive to anal sex – a practice that, when no protection is used, carries a higher risk of HIV transmission than unprotected vaginal sex."

Also, from a informational pamphlet from Seattle and King County, the bisexual or gay community is only a part of the higher risk MSM group if they have had "Unprotected anal sex with an HIV positive man or man of unknown HIV status"

As I said, these both cite the CDC in their sources, but I'm working on my syllabus right now, and don't have the CDC sources handy.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
"Nope. The CDC has clear definitions of what the MSM group entails. MSM means that they engage in penetrative anal intercourse with another man. Oral or other sex acts are not part of the MSM group."

References please?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16976 posts)
Hm, odd. I don't recall having any hateful remarks. Though you did nominate me for the Darwin award, so...

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
Nope. The CDC has clear definitions of what the MSM group entails. MSM means that they engage in penetrative anal intercourse with another man. Oral or other sex acts are not part of the MSM group. This is because the anus is easily torn, which exposes the pentratee to the bacteria or viruses carried by the penetrator, and the penetrator is exposed to the blood products of the penetratee. The mouth is less apt to take up HIV than the vagina, and the anus is more apt to be susceptible than the vagina. The CDC recognizes this distinction, and that is why the MSM group is exclusive to men who have anal sex with other men.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
I don't believe the CDC distinguishes between those males who have anal v oral sex with other males. Last I checked, the CDC 'labels' the entire group as MSM, and that group has the most risk of STDs.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16976 posts)
In class, when teaching my kids about condoms etc, I always say "safer sex". A lot of the kids (up to 20 years old, so I guess they're not kids at that point...) have some of the strangest ideas about safe sex. While a lot of them are using condoms, they don't recognize there are still risks outside of the "broken condom" scenario. Every year, I'm still shocked that students don't know about things like herpes, and hpv. They typically don't know that oral herpes can be spread to the genitals, and vice versa. Or that hpv and herpes can be contracted when there is no visible breakout. The list goes on and on.

Then again, I was flabbergasted when a student asked if it was true if he didn't look his girlfriend in the eye during sex, he wouldn't get her pregnant. He was 19.

The statistics are clear however. In most cases, those who test with a FULL PANEL std test (not the standard test, which does not include herpes, hepatitis, etc) based on the cdc's recommendations, and use condoms are among the safest of the 'promiscuous sex' bunch.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
Please read our profile and other forum posts!!!We'd just like to weigh in on a couple points here. It is our experience that MOST people in the LS are clueless when it comes to what should and should not be considered "safe sex". Since our diagnosis we have spent many many hours trying to educate ourselves and help others become aware of the risks associated with swinging.We do realize the gravity of this discussion compared to what we have had to deal with, as Hiv/Aids is of course the scariest thing we can think of having to deal with.We cannot tell you how many messages we receive from couples with Herpes that DO NOT inform potential partners but have no issue telling us those contacting us have been professional , blue collar , young and older, the demographic includes everyone.For us the decision was an easy one, we wanted to continue to have fun with cool people, we learned our risk to others was minimal if not zero, we inform so we can play with a clear conscience, seems very simple.There are compatible people out there for everyone if people would choose honesty over deception.It is our opinion condoms offer the most basic form of protection and should ALWAYS be used. But if a couple choose not to they in our opinion should inform others they do choose to go bareback, again just basic info that potential playmateds are entitiled to in our opinion.The thing is like the old saying goes you sleep with everyone your partner(s) have slept with... you play with a couple who played with a couple where the husband was experimenting with men secretly a few years ago, no one knows but him so the chain continues.If you can find a couple who will get tested everytime they play (good luck) you could feel very safe, but again most don't realize that to test for Herpes you need a seperate blood test .. it is NOT part of a standard std testing ..and what is standard ??? Anyway just food for thought from a couple who have dealt with the negative side of the lifestyle...( but we still LOVE it!)

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(25 posts)
You are more than entitled to your beliefs. Be aware, though, you put them out in a public forum, just as I did. If you didn't want negative scrutiny, you oughtn't have posted.

I'm sorry that you think a lively debate is intolerance or bigotry.

Though you shouldn't have wished anyone death in a stupid or ironic manner.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
TOPIC: HIV-AIDS-STD's