Good Virus bad virus article an eye opener : Swingers Discussion 178870
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexGood Virus bad virus article an eye opener
TOPIC: Good Virus bad virus article an eye opener
Created by: Sexyngifted
Original Starting post for this thread:
We recently found out we received the "gift" of Genital hsv1. we were devastated at first but have decided it is NOT the end of the world. That said we feel it would benefit anyone in this wonderful ls to read the well known article Good Virus Bad virus you can find it in a simple search online, it is very informative and actually a real eye opener.We are open in our new profile, we feel it is the only way to be be completely honest about our status, what is amazing to us is the number of people who do not realize the number of people that have the "gift " . We do admit we did not realize it was at all possible to get Herpes from oral sex until it was to late.We have educated ourselves and understand what the risks are to others and ourselves as well (for getting hsv2 we are ghsv1). Our feeling is now that if your in the lifestyle you should learn all you can about the risks, HSV either 1 or 2 is very very common,most don't know they have it, and don't tell if they do know. We choose to tell, for the most part the responses have been at least pleasant such as .. we understand but will pass, but we have made some great friends who we are close to as well.We just decided it was time to create a new profile disclosing our status to try to avoid wasting anyones time. The one that that REALLY rubs us wrong is the person who looks down their nose at those with genital hsv1 when they themselves have it oraly and are a risk to others as far as oral sex is concerned. Oral sex and oral hsv can equal Genital hsv1 .. up to 80 percent of the population has oral hsv...if you do the math you see the point we are making....off the soap box now l!!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Im sorry to hear that bigbamhu but im glad you caught it early. I had a scare with cervical cancer at one point and thats when i read about being able to get oral cancer if someone has hpv. Thank god i didn't have cancer or anything but that was an eyeopener for me as well. Just curious, how did you find out you had it, like what made you get tested for that type of cancer?

New Castle DE
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Please make sure you get tested for this. I was recently diagnosed with Oropharynx cancer caused by HPV 16 positive virus. Yes thats right, the same virus that causes cervical cancer. Look it up online. The occurences of this cancer are drastically climbing and it is caused by oral sex! Bummer. Fortunately mine was caught early due to my persistence. No chemo, but an eye opening 30 days of radiation comming up.

Howell MI
Username hidden
(3 posts)
We just found out we are HPV positive 2 days ago. I love the article and YES, I think most people are ignorant to the facts. and ignorant to how it is spread. and if you go to Planned Prenthood website there are several articles about this and other deseases and viruses. We are definitely more safe now but that doesn't change the fact we have it. Please people don't be ignorant be educated. The articles I've read from Planned Parenthood say there are around 70 strains of HPV and this is a quote " The lifetime likihood of getting genital HPV is in the range of 75-90% meaning that 75-90% of women who have sex will have the virus." Wow! that's means a large majority. We like the lifestyle but we want others to be educated as well. we don't know when or where we got it because this virus can lay dormant for years. Thanks for the topic! Jim and Milu

Oceanside CA
Username hidden
(1 post)
Powerful information. Never thought about aunts kissing all on you lol. Just had my physical early Jan and got tje entire workup. I had to force them to do the herpes test. As the doc. said you have no symp. I told her you just stuck your finger in my ass looking for blood, now do as your patient request and we're even. She was a intern and looked shocked. When she callwd back with the results she was very unprofessional and sweet. Scary but cute. Again thanks for sharing.

Grifton NC
Username hidden
(1364 posts)
Most people get HSV1 before they even lose their virginity...

"Oh, doesn't she look cute! Come give Auntie a kiss!!"

If you come from a family as big as mine, and with a guess that about 60-80% of Americans have HSV1, you can't escape it!

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
Hope this article has been helpful.

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(25 posts)
Thank you for the positive feed back, our hope by posting about this openly and honestly is that others can play as safely as possible, we are fInding out quickly through mail responses from sls members we are not alone in this. Most choose to keep their condition private.... We surely do not judge, and we do not kiss and tell who we choose to play with. The one important thing everyone needs to remember is this.... If you play only to the extent of kissing and oral sex, and the person you are playing with has hsv1 orally (herpes) even though there is no sign that person is having an outbreak it is easily possible to pass the virus to you through the normal shedding process. And actually the studies of this show a person with genital hsv1 is less a risk to others as the person with oral hsv1 (herpes) this has to do with the virus being out of it's site of preference which causes much less shedding.

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(25 posts)
I am amazed that some people dont know the preveliance of HSVI in the adult populations. Most don't even realize that you may never have a "cold sore", but can still have the virus and pass it on to others. Its a risk we all take. Hell, you risk it everytime you kiss someone. HsvI can be passed to the oral, nasal, and the gential area's. HsvII very rarely is passed to another mucosa besides the genitals. I give you to a compliment on being honest and bring this out into the open for others!

Springfield MA
Username hidden
(89 posts)
We recently found out we received the "gift" of Genital hsv1. we were devastated at first but have decided it is NOT the end of the world. That said we feel it would benefit anyone in this wonderful ls to read the well known article Good Virus Bad virus you can find it in a simple search online, it is very informative and actually a real eye opener.We are open in our new profile, we feel it is the only way to be be completely honest about our status, what is amazing to us is the number of people who do not realize the number of people that have the "gift " . We do admit we did not realize it was at all possible to get Herpes from oral sex until it was to late.We have educated ourselves and understand what the risks are to others and ourselves as well (for getting hsv2 we are ghsv1). Our feeling is now that if your in the lifestyle you should learn all you can about the risks, HSV either 1 or 2 is very very common,most don't know they have it, and don't tell if they do know. We choose to tell, for the most part the responses have been at least pleasant such as .. we understand but will pass, but we have made some great friends who we are close to as well.We just decided it was time to create a new profile disclosing our status to try to avoid wasting anyones time. The one that that REALLY rubs us wrong is the person who looks down their nose at those with genital hsv1 when they themselves have it oraly and are a risk to others as far as oral sex is concerned. Oral sex and oral hsv can equal Genital hsv1 .. up to 80 percent of the population has oral hsv...if you do the math you see the point we are making....off the soap box now l!!

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(25 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Good Virus bad virus article an eye opener