Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Safe Sex Enough is enough!!! (So what is enough)
TOPIC: Enough is enough!!! (So what is enough)
Created by: TomDenise The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
I spoke with my Dr yesterday and the information I got was that the vaccine currently is more focused on the strains of the virus that cause cancer and that it was not designed to prevent the strains that cause warts.

Some people never show signs. Which is how it gets transmitted easily for people that don't use condoms. It can also infect people even it you are using a condom if the point of infection is touch with skin.

There is always risk with swinging, using good judgment and being selective helps reduce risk, but don't think you are 100% safe. Always be on the look out for adnormal signs or sores and get tested.

Sandston VA
Username hidden
(195 posts)
Taken from CDC dot gov: Approximately 20 million people are currently infected with HPV. At least 50 percent of sexually active men and women acquire genital HPV infection at some point in their lives. By age 50, at least 80 percent of women will have acquired genital HPV infection. About 6.2 million Americans get a new genital HPV infection each year.

Staten Island NY
Username hidden
(70 posts)
That's because virtually EVERYONE older has been exposed.

M.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
clarity: the CDC states that the HPV vaccine has only been tested on women as old as 26. I could find no data that it's been released for usage on women older or for men at all. Anyone else know anything more?

Sandston VA
Username hidden
(195 posts)
I read online that the HPV vaccine can be taken by adults. It just won't help if you are already infected.

truefully anyone that changes sex partners needs to be tested on a regular basis. (Male and Female) Truely if you care about yourself and your partners you should do this. No matter how safe you think you are it really does not hurt to get tested. Just think of it as a right of passage for being involved in this lifestyle.

Sandston VA
Username hidden
(195 posts)
You/she will be playing at 80 with a WD40 chaser.

Sigh. There are plenty of other STDs to watch out for. Stuff that condoms are less than totally effective at at stopping. (Herpes, HPV)

She (and you) should consider getting a Hep B vaccine series. Pap test every 3-6 months due to HPV exposure. I suspect she already is positive for HPV...it's just that way. There's a new vaccine but it's too late for those of us on here. They are giving it to 11 year olds.

She should make a "sniff test" daily at a bathroom break. A fishy odor can indicate a VERY minor but stinky bacterial infection.

I'm wondering if the wipes are a help or a hindrance. Make sure they are not a surfactant. Plain water makes sense. Nonoxynol-9 (spermacide) was though to protect against HIV transmission. It didn't. It actually made it more likely to occur. The spermacide was removed from condoms/lube for that reason.

I would only lube the very tip of the penis. That's for HIS pleasure. Lubing the entire length would make slippage more likely. Her experience wins here. I assume that's been working. ;)

I would watch for folks with cold sores on their face. I assume some go down on her. Transfer of the cold sore is a very large possibility. Cold sores should never be brought into contact with anyone else.

Note: Suggest a professional website like the American Social health Association. I am merely a hacker whose been around the block a few times. I don't like the CDC site. It's political.

This is just off the top of my head. I'm sure others can add more.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Jim,

I have heard this argument before but it is only relevant if, in the example you just gave, a person only has eight sexual partners in one night once every two years and that's it.

Kevin

Roseburg OR
Username hidden
(5 posts)
Well, folks, what's the difference between having 8 guys in one visit to a club and having 8 guys over a period of a year or two?

The risks, and necessary precautions, are about the same.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Enough is enough!!! (So what is enough)