Do you tell your doctor : Swingers Discussion 92766101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexDo you tell your doctor
TOPIC: Do you tell your doctor
Created by: swingkids
Original Starting post for this thread:
my friend just had a hysterectomy along with some other maintenance work done she was curious about anal sex and DVP. She feels a need to ask her gynecologist about it but does not know how to broach the subject without mentioning her involvement in swinging.

Do you tell your doctors everything so they can treat you more effectively?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
OH BTW if u thk ur gyn will look at u funny when u tell them of ur sexual encounters...believe me they heard it before...Mine has...so please do ur self a favor and talk to ur gyn...

Medford NJ

Username hidden
(9 posts)
my gyn knows everytyhing i do.....first off she is my Dr. and she has to know my sexual encounters when called for.....So ur gyn should know about ur swinging,cause if u cant be honest with ur private dr,than u shouldnt be swining......its all about being SAFE...

Medford NJ

Username hidden
(9 posts)
DandJ...

I agree. Not to get too far off the topic. But I have noticed that people like to differ to others to make important decisions not just health issue but finance etc. I am a firm believer that it is up to the person to take charge and investigate-- now I am not talking about the obvious things like broken bone-- of course you need to go to a doctor to get it set, etc. -- unless your out in the wilderness and someone has some experience to set the bone until you get back to civilization. And then you probably just need an x-ray to confirm it is set properly. See I knew I would go out on a tangent--- bad bad girl.

Anyway, I don't think your doctor needs to know you swing to receive proper medical care. For a women if you go in for your regular cks you can tell you doctor you want to be check for STD and around here you can get HIV testing at a health clinic. The doctor does not need to know your a swinger. These test would given if your sexually active. In fact many of the younger doctors give this batter of test regardless if your married, because married people do cheat.

Essentially, I know I don't receive substantial medical care because my doctor does not know I swing.

Lansing MI

Username hidden
(1624 posts)
Smile, We agree.

This is to everyone regardless of education.

If a health Care Provider can not explain what they believe you need to do in terms YOU understand, get a different one.

The sign of intelligence is not big words, but being able to express concepts in understandable terms.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
A small point, Mischief, about semantics. Your "It's not to say they have carte blanche. They don't. I must be convinced the action is the right thing to do." is exactly what I mean by not relying on the doctors for decisions. I trust my doctors. I've been blessed with good ones. Actually it's more accurate to say that I can tell the good ones from the bad ones. As it seems you can also.

That said I'll add that I trust them to be human. That means they make mistakes, have biases, etc. It's my job to make sure their mistakes and their biases aren't mine.

Enosburg Falls VT

Username hidden
(972 posts)
" I would never rely on my doctor for decisions, only information."

I do rely on my doctors for decisions. Here's why.

I have proven to myself that I make lousy decisions when I am the patient. I am a recovering drug addict. I rely on them to make decisions because it is part of my recovery.

I have very good providers. The luxury of living in a City that has many teaching hospitals. I trust them. It's not to say they have carte blanche. They don't. I must be convinced the action is the right thing to do.

BTW, regarding drugs. I almost never recommend a "new" drug. Just like a new car model, it's unproven. I always wait a few years to see what the real risks are.

Also it is scary how most physicians will Rx for a new med. My shrink always waits a couple of years before Rxing.

M.

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I do understand, Mischief. In the same but opposite way my psyche couldn't survive living in a city, near one, or even in suburbia. I'm a very private, independent person who has no neighbors who can even see my abode. Nor can it be viewed from the road. I like my privacy and my nudity.

My independence extends into the medical field and I would never rely on my doctor for decisions, only information. Any information he o she shares would have to be confirmed by my own research and my judgement of the results of my research before being accepted. Eveything in medicine is subject to revision as more research and knowledge is gained. Keeping abreast is the most important thing. Also important is a level of skepticism, as there are fads in treatment just as there are fads in other areas of life. There are very promising medications that prove to have side effects far greater than those measured in FDA approval studies. Knowledge is always being revised.

Enosburg Falls VT

Username hidden
(972 posts)
I do agree with the rural situation being totally different. I simply couldn't live in the sticks. I need too many psych and other services to survive out in the wilds with an MD who hasn't studied in 20 years.

If I did live in the sticks or was concerned about the medical cat being let out of the bag.. by someone. I would do what many gay men have done for years. You get a clap doctor for the errr more delicate problems you don't want to take to your "regular" doc.

I have been judged by medical professionals for every thing from my bisexuality, drug addiction, non-monogamous lifestyle, and mental illness. Medical providers are human and have the same prejudice as others do. They are not supposed to show it.

All of my docs are well aware of my "life style" issues and manner of living.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Here is one subject on which I have to disagree with Mischief. When living in a very rural environment, doctors aren't quite so easy to come by. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not. We feel a whole lot more independent of the medical establishment than most here seem to do when access to quality of care depends more on your own knowledge than that of the doctor. I can't think of one time when I was not more up to speed on the possible problems than my doc. We use them more for tests, second opinions, and proceedures not possible at home.

Also a rural environment is one where everybody knows and wants to know everyone's business. It's not the doctor we worry about, but the staff. Being very healthy souls makes trips to the doctor infrequent. No, we're not going to tell the doc we occasionally play.

Besides the lifestyle is not all that different in frequency from cheating and serial monogamous relationships in these here parts. The things that go on in these hinterlands can be amazing.

Enosburg Falls VT

Username hidden
(972 posts)
YES!

My doctor needs to know in order to provide superior care for me. It is not his place to judge. His place is to help me stay healthy.

Fort Worth TX

Username hidden
(8589 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Do you tell your doctor