Dental work and safe sex : Swingers Discussion 78320
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexDental work and safe sex
TOPIC: Dental work and safe sex
Created by: NewBeginnings2
Original Starting post for this thread:
I know this has been discussed before, but I don't feel like searching through all the threads...And forgive me for my ignorance but I bet others would benefit from this topic too...

I had dental work done which I don't think will be completely healed by this weekend. What precautions should I take if we play with others? Specifically, if Mr NewBeginnings kisses another woman, should I then have any concern about kissing him with my exposed gums?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
Not only could you be opening up yourself for serious oral infections at the site of your dental work, but there is a physiological link directly to your heart as well. Oral infections caused by bacteria (gum disease, dental carries, et al) can seep directly into the blood system through gum tissue which goes directly to the heart and can cause even more serious infections. It is already a known fact that even kissing someone with cavaties can increase your own incidence of dental carries due to the bacteria in saliva. If you have recent dental work, you are best off to avoid any oral contact until everything is healed. Why take the chance?

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Thank you very much for the response :)

Tyler TX
Username hidden
(261 posts)
It is a general safety measure not to brush or floss within 4 hours of swapping. It opens up your bloodstream to bacteria/viruses that enter the mouth.

Kissing mouth to mouth doesn't seem to be a problem, but where was her mouth BEFORE she kissed him. If you are still not partying then it's probably all good. If you have been partying, I would suggest limiting yourself to closed mouth kisses only. Intelligent question.

M.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I had this experience recently and I was told to just avoid any oral (kissing, oral sex, etc) contact until healed. Since the mouth is a dirty place and haven for germs (and lord knows whatelse) I would avoid it as well. Not just for STD type protection but also because if you're mouth isn't healed and the wrong type of germs get in there...you might end up with some nasty infection where your dental work was done. That's just my opinion though!

Ocala FL
Username hidden
(77 posts)
I know this has been discussed before, but I don't feel like searching through all the threads...And forgive me for my ignorance but I bet others would benefit from this topic too...

I had dental work done which I don't think will be completely healed by this weekend. What precautions should I take if we play with others? Specifically, if Mr NewBeginnings kisses another woman, should I then have any concern about kissing him with my exposed gums?

Tyler TX
Username hidden
(261 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Dental work and safe sex