Can you answer this question honestly : Swingers Discussion 185566
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexCan you answer this question honestly
TOPIC: Can you answer this question honestly
Created by: Sexyngifted
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Great response Sexy.

Here’s some data from a JAMA article (964 JAMA, August 23/30, 2006—Vol 296, No. 8).

As expected, the seroprevalence of HSV-2 increases with increasing number of sexual partners, and women are more susceptible than men.

For the general population:

# partners = 1, HSV-2 = 4% # partners = 2 - 4, HSV-2 = 13% # partners = 5 - 9, HSV-2 = 21% # partners = 10 - 49, HSV-2 = 27% # partners more than 50, HSV-2 = 40%

For women:

# partners more than 50, HSV-2 > 60%

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(180 posts)
One really good source of info on Herpes is Terri Warren of the Westover Heights clinic in Portland Oregon. She is known a one off the leading experts on all aspects of hsv. She has written a very informative handbook which can be downloaded from her web site, sorry i do not have the web addy handy but a search of her name or clinic will lead you to the info. And as always we suggest searching for an online article called "Herpes good virus bad virus". Hope someone finds this informative.

Indianapolis IN

Username hidden
(25 posts)
Many? Most? How can you make

Not to speak for Jogeo ... But i believe his point is when you consider that a Conserative Estimate is 70 to 80 percent of the population has oral hsv1 which is herpes and then add in those that also have either hsv 1 or 2 or both it makes his point valid. PeoPle need to keep in mind everytime they kiss or engage in oral sex with anyone with oral herpes they are absolutely running a huge risk of getting either oral hsv1 or genital hsv1, a person getting genital hsv1 in the vast majority of cases receives it from someone with oral hsv1 herpes. The ironic thing is once someone carries the hsv1 virus genitally they are far less likely.. If at all to spread it through sexual contact , this is due to .things such as site of preference, and the fact that genital hsv1 unlike genital hsv2 sheds far less frequently.I will post a couple very good references for this info in another post.

Indianapolis IN

Username hidden
(25 posts)
Sometimes I think I am one of the few that has never had a cold sore on my face. Or elsewhere, for that matter.

Quakertown PA

Username hidden
(1837 posts)
Many? Most? How can you make such statements??

From the CDC

Results of a nationally representative study show that genital herpes infection is common in the United States. Nationwide, 16.2%, or about one out of six, people 14 to 49 years of age have genital HSV-2 infection. Over the past decade, the percentage of Americans with genital herpes infection in the U.S. has remained stable.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Hi Sexy,

Great post! I also have herpes. Here’s the way I look at it:

Many (most?) of the people on this site have herpes. The reason they don’t acknowledge it is 1) they don’t know they have it, or 2) they are hiding it.

So, are you better off playing with people that are honest enough to acknowledge their herpes, or with people that have it but don’t acknowledge it?

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(180 posts)
sexy, I will not lie to you...I probably would pass. I work in the healthcare field as well...and I understand the fact that you probably will never have another outbreak. But I'll say what I said to someone else: I am sure you are completely and absolutely safe. However, I cannot take the chance that you are not. Given, this can be said about everyone...it was a concern that was always on my mind when we were more sexually active in the LS.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
um... budd? They got oral herpes GENITALLY. You can kiss them. You just run a teeny-weeny risk in their genital region...

Hopkinton MA

Username hidden
(256 posts)
i would choose you cuz i know u got test and know what u got the other people i dont know about but im not kissing you

Fort Lee NJ

Username hidden
(14 posts)
What a nice and honest post! To be honest back, it's a tough call. Mrs. Catnip is a nurse so knows EXACTLY what you are talking about, and exactly how rare and unlikely it is you'd have a second outbreak, much less pass it on to someone. And the consequences of getting oral herpes genitally if it ever DID happen are probably of about the same magnitude as getting a stomach flu - a one time unpleasantry. If you guys use Valtrex then the odds are virtually nonexistant of it being an issue. From a purely mathematical standpoint, we'd not have any problem with it.

Here's the problem, though - playing just isn't important enough to take a known risk, even though you're probably (as you said) less of a risk than many of the people out there who are unknown risks. You could be a safer drunk driver than many people are sober, but if we see you get in a car after getting plastered we wouldn't drive close to you even though there are other drunks out on the road we don't know about. It's the same kind of thing here. As much as it may be "nothing", we're betting you'd rather never have gotten it.

So I guess it's like this for us - if we were single, were dating someone with your situation, and thought there could be a long-term relationship possible then we'd not care. We'd go for it. A meaningful real life relationship would be worth it, even if things didn't work out. But the lifestyle? This is just play, it's meant to be intimate but fun, but just not worth it, I don't think.

If we actually met you, became friends in a vanilla way over some extended period of time, and saw you as special then who knows. But on the surface of things not knowing you as people, we'd end up taking a pass.

Hopkinton MA

Username hidden
(256 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Can you answer this question honestly