ACK! : Swingers Discussion 63956101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexACK!
TOPIC: ACK!
Created by: cnycple4fun The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Cyncpl: If you know absolutely that you don't want children (as I did when I was younger than you are now), then my suggestion is to find another Dr. - one who will listen to you, take you seriously, and perform a tubal ligation.

Julia

St Thomas VI
Username hidden
(1368 posts)
my ob/gyn refused to administer the essure, due to the fact it hadn't been tested widely. He'd,at the time of my tubal ligation, chose to use a method that was immediately effective, and safer. I didn't like the sounds of scar tissue,that would react painfully. Call me a wimp!

Delton MI
Username hidden
(4361 posts)
Cnycpl- We're curious about your "reversible" hysterectomy comment. Perhaps you're thinking of some sort of tubal occlusion or ligation being reversible?

In a hysterectomy, a woman's uterus and quite often her fallopian tubes and ovaries are surgically removed. Once they're gone, they're gone, there's no replacing them, and to the best of our knowledge, that's not reversible, short of some revolutionary uterus transplant surgery that we've never heard of.

We wanted to point that one out to you, in case reversibility is a factor in your decision. Also, MrsLurks had a hysterectomy about 3 years ago now, and we've been enjoying the results ever since! She still has a bit of a hormonal/emotional cycle, but no discomfort/cramping/etc. Best of all, her sex drive is even higher than before, more than likely from the psychological benefit of knowing she can't get pregnant.

Oh, and also, we still use condoms in swinging, for other health related issues.

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
I was sterilized at 22. It's not reversible. Best thing I ever did, because I never wanted kids.

Highly recommend it.

M.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I feel the same way, L.

We recently played with our first couple...the first time we've played with others in years. I've been on the pill, off the pill, had kids, husband got a vasectomy. I thought my birth control issues were settled!

Then we began seriously looking into swinging again. We had our first encounter several weeks ago. We did use condoms. But I had a mini panic attack afterwards, wondering "what if...?"! UGH!!

The thought of going back on the pill makes me nauseous, but a condom as the only form of BC could make me nauseous for a whole other reason!! I'm glad to hear of these other options!! Thanks!

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(70 posts)
I haven't heard of that, but I may look into it now! I had the Mirena, and it was GREAT for about 4 years, although I didn't stop having periods (they just got lighter). After about 4 years, I got my period in December, and it finally stopped in April when I had it removed. I'm JUST getting back to something like a normal cycle now.

I know that the IUD is contraindicated for women with mulitple partners, but I talked that through with my doctor and she felt that because I also use condoms, and because I'm not going to have any more kids, the risks were negligible for me.

I am really uncomfortable with the idea of condoms as my only method of BC when swinging, though.

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
Have you ever heard of essure (they have a web site)?? It is fairly new but was fully approved by the FDA over a year ago. They are small spirals that fit into your fallopian tubes and then scar tissue forms over them. It is the new non-invasive tubal. Procedure takes about 15-30 minutes and then you are fully protected in about 2-3 months. My insurance did not cover that so I ended up with a Mirena IUD. Low dose hormones (which may not work for you) which completely stop the monthlies (one GREAT perk). Good for 5 years (vs the 10 for copper IUD's). Also no cramping like the copper ones.

Fuquay Varina NC
Username hidden
(207 posts)
The following was posted in another thread by Permagrn, hope it helps.

"Trojan Supra condoms. They are the new best friends let me tell you. We bought them because of a friend being allergic to latex and we don't like lambskin ones. They are a really thin light weight polyurethane condom. They allow heat transfer. They are transparent in color and they are not something you feel at all. Even hubby says they are the closest he has ever felt to being bare !"

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
I'm in a similar boat- looking for a backup for condoms. I did have an IUD, but had it out recently after some ongoing problems I think were related to it. C. is vas-safe now, so I don't use anything myself. We haven't played since I had the IUD removed, and now that I'm thinking about jumping back into swinging, I'm worried about backup BC. I'm debating the pill in some format, but I gained a LOT of weight when I was on it almost 20 years ago, so I'm hesitant. I'm thinking about the Sponge, which was my backup method in high school, but with it's pretty low effiicacy rating....well, let's just say I'm done having babies and ESPECIALLY some other guy's babies. What's a girl to do?

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: ACK!