Thinking about Poly relationship : Swingers Discussion 239943
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPolyamoryThinking about Poly relationship
TOPIC: Thinking about Poly relationship
Created by: SeductiveRogue
Original Starting post for this thread:
We have been talking lately about trying to form another Poly relationship. We are looking to find a bisexual female around our age. Can anyone recomend a good place to start looking?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
I second everything others have said here. I do have some additional ideas though. There are several poly dating sites but most of those are bundled in with other dating sites so they are not truly devoted to Poly; there is only one independent site dedicated to this (PMM) but they're still pretty small. They are a great source of info/advice though. You can check out as well as Loving More site and the polyamory org site. There should also some local poly groups; I'm not familiar with what's in TX but the 2 sites above will have links to additional resources.

I've also seen profiles on mainstream sites looking for Poly partners. Most times if you say that you are Poly or otherwise use the word "Poly" you'll find like-minded people. Anyone who doesn't know what it means isn't who you're looking for.

hope this helps.

S Pasadena FL
Username hidden
(93 posts)
I can't offer you advice on where to look, though we accidentally ended up in two relationships from SLS, both with SM. What I can say is that like with any relationship, you can actively be looking for another person/people to share a relationship with, but don't force an ideal onto every new relationship/ potential relationship. Especially if you are looking for a single female, who are a much smaller group than others on here. You don't want to be like the girl who thinks she should be married by age 30, and so jumps hard and fast into every new relationship, and ends up scaring off potentially great guys who are smothered by wedding talk that starts after date 4. Be open with those that you meet, that you are open to a deep friendship or relationship, because some people aren't comfortable with that, but then let things develop naturally like in a two person relationship. I like the other poster's comment that it gets exponentially harder with the more people you add. Communicate, communicate, communicate! And move at the speed of the slowest member. Oh... and enjoy!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(41 posts)
I should mention that, in our experience, a relationship increases in complexity in direct proportion to the square of the number of people in the relationship. Example; a relationship of one (being single) is very simple, but a relationship of two is four times as complex. A relationship with Four people is 16 times more complex than a relationship of two people. At least, that has been our experience.

Username hidden
(786 posts)
If you Google "polyamory" you'll find plenty of resources. In our case, we found our Poly friends/lovers/co-spouse's at a LS convention many years ago and just drew closer and closer with time. Some people are threatened by having a loving relationship with someone other than a spouse, being afraid that it could harm their primary relationship. Just as some people should not swing because their relationship just isn't solid enough, some should not engage in Poly for the same reason. For those whose relationships are up to the challenges, it can be a truly wonderful experience. We wish you well in your hunt to grow your relationship. :-)

Username hidden
(786 posts)
We have been talking lately about trying to form another Poly relationship. We are looking to find a bisexual female around our age. Can anyone recomend a good place to start looking?

Mckinney TX
Username hidden
(5 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Thinking about Poly relationship