Poly rules : Swingers Discussion 240741
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPolyamoryPoly rules
TOPIC: Poly rules
Created by: Magnetite
Original Starting post for this thread:
So they go to the trouble of making a poly forum and then no one posts here. So here is my question for poly folks. Do you have different rules for your poly relationships than you do for swinging? And I am assuming that you swing in addition to having poly relationships because why else would you be on this site?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
Here's the best thing about Polyamory, just like swinging you get to make your own rules!! You decide and design the relationship that works for you.

Corcoran MN
Username hidden
(2 posts)
That's a good rule regardless of whether one is Poly, LS, or Vanilla.

Username hidden
(786 posts)
I'm the male half of the relationship and we've recently started a poly relationship with a friend of my wife's. The only rule we have is I need to know what is going on, no secrets.

Denver CO
Username hidden
(3 posts)
2Women4You: I like your arrangement. It sounds really loving and caring.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3304 posts)
"I guess what I am trying to say is that being in a poly relationship isn't really any different than being in a normal couple relationship......... at least for us." What She Said! Just like any other relationship, Poly relationships are unique to the individuals involved and trying to generalize is dangerous. Do what works for you, not what works for other people, and you'll probably be on safe ground. As with any non-traditional lifestyle, don't be afraid to experiment and try new ground. If it doesn't work, move on and try something else. The rules for a Poly relationship are the same as the rules for a Swinging relationship; Whatever works for you. :-)

Username hidden
(786 posts)
We have been a threesome for 30 years and we definitely have rules for swinging that are much different than rules we have in our relationship. In fact, I'm not sure we have any set "rules" in our threesome relationship that are any different than what a normal couple would have. Our threesome is almost identical to a normal couple, except the fact that there are three of us.

We don't want any one of us to "see" other people. We would consider that cheating and it would be very hurtful. When we "swing" we have certain rules. We are not allowed to "swing" alone. We always all go together or at least two of us. We ALL must agree on who we want to meet. There is not allowed to be a "personal" relationship with someone we meet sexually and ONLY one person of our threesome. For example, I (Jennifer) would not be allowed to go have lunch with a man that we meet sexually. Likewise, Dave would not be allowed to have personal, private phone calls with a woman we have intimacy with. Similarly, Stacy wouldn't be allowed to be texting someone we have had sex with. No personal relationships unless we are all involved in it.

I guess what I am trying to say is that being in a poly relationship isn't really any different than being in a normal couple relationship......... at least for us.

Jennifer

Elk Grove CA
Username hidden
(1 post)
For us it worked the other way, Our swinging rules became the only rules and we gave up on a poly relationship. If ever a person/persons come along that we might want to involve ourselves with on such an intimate level, we may revisit the rules.

Greencastle PA
Username hidden
(514 posts)
So they go to the trouble of making a poly forum and then no one posts here. So here is my question for poly folks. Do you have different rules for your poly relationships than you do for swinging? And I am assuming that you swing in addition to having poly relationships because why else would you be on this site?

Dayton OH
Username hidden
(129 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Poly rules