Poly Curious : Swingers Discussion 238375
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPolyamoryPoly Curious
TOPIC: Poly Curious
Created by: randgptwn
Original Starting post for this thread:
We are considering the poly lifestyle. Anyone out there have any thoughts, advice, words of wisdom to pass on?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
User Details are only visible to members.
BLT,

You should read a book called the Ethical Slut.

I'm reading it now to study the lifestyle for the fiction story I'm writing. I know that poly isn't for my wife and me though. Good luck!

Schaumburg IL
Username hidden
(343 posts)
The qualities to sustain a poly relationship? Great question, but a good answer would take more room than SLS would allow on this forum. :-) I suppose the short-form answer would be; whatever qualities sustain a swinging relationship, only More so. Trust? Love? Flexibility? Reduced tendency towards jealousy? Comfort with non-traditional things?

Username hidden
(789 posts)
I was too tired to pose this question yesterday. What are some of the perceived qualities needed to be in a poly relationship.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2528 posts)
Just as it takes a certain type of relationship to be successful in swinging. Relationships and people are not and will never be generic 'one size fits all'. The perfect arrangement for one can and often is pure poison for another, whether it's swinging, poly, B&D, S&M, or whatever. Not to make a bad pun, but "different strokes for different folks". :-)

Username hidden
(789 posts)
It takes a certain kind of individual to be in a poly relationship.

We were in one for 3 years.

I could do it again with the right person. T couldn't.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17347 posts)
We're still sex-crazed sluts.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18797 posts)
BLT, I think that we've met the 'sex crazed' couple that you refer to. LOL We've been in the LS for many years and have crossed paths with all sorts. It has been our experience that the younger a cpl is and/or the newer they are to the LS, the more they're like a kid in a candy store. However, with continued experience and comfort in the LS, the more mature swingers focus less and less on the "You & Me! Bed! Now!" type of swinging and tend more towards relaxing time with friends which may or may not also involve sexual activity. At least, that has been our experience. Results may vary. :-)

Username hidden
(789 posts)
I have to say I try to avoid some swingers as they are so intense and just sex crazed. I like to feel that I am a more well rounded person and bring more to the table than a pussy and a potential hook-up for some SM who can't get a fucking date! I love nudists as they may check you out on the DL (down low for those who don't know) but they are much less about whether you look hot or so overtly sex starved. I find that kind of typical swinger behavior so boring.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2528 posts)
The "swingers" we have been involved with wound up being a pretty selfish bunch interested in their own pleasure and turn ons more than ours."

In my experience, I have to agree. Its the agenda. To an extent, all people are selfish. I'll admit it for sure... I like what I like, I want what I want... and I am willing to compromise, but if my needs aren't met, why do it. However, I think its the means by which ones needs are met what makes the difference.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Cum4meagain: I love this name! Actually, I was looking for where I had seen your posts before and lo and behold here you are. Have a great day; just the reading of your name makes me......I've never even read your profile...shame on me....LOL!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2528 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
TOPIC: Poly Curious