should the Iraq war deserters be given capital punishment : Swingers Discussion 91483
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsshould the Iraq war deserters be given capital punishment
TOPIC: should the Iraq war deserters be given capital punishment
Created by: JNMforPGHFUN The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 163   End
User Details are only visible to members.
GWB...well he has done well I am ready for Jeb now!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Thank you Char...excellent!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
24 thank you for helping with what the government shouldnt. And please keep in mind your service to your community is exactly what we should all do. How ever I did notice not once have you mentioned your help to those vets who gave you on a silver platter what you enjoy today. Had a vet in the van on Saturday who was a tail gunner in a B29 from WWII, Great guy and sharp as a tack. Shot down 14 enamy aircraft that he knows of over France...I love it. He is 92 years young I will never forget him and niether should you!!!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I do believe the protocols for desertion are covered in the Military Code of Justice. Recruits who didn't read the MCJ before they signed up are willfully ignorant of the choices they've made. No sympathy from this Liberal.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
24, well since you have never served your country in the military and never been trained or in combat I can understand your pacifist feelings and statements. That is your right, I personally fought and bled for your right to live free and make those statements, no thank you is necessary, It was my decision and proud to do it for a mostly grateful Nation.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
"I am a huge fan of following my own concious and no running with the crowd"

Well if this is true you can certainly understand what our President is up against. He is doing what he knows will make us safer, even though he has lost popularity for it. The same problem president Lincoln encountered.

Do you think Lincoln a Republican should have succumbed to the public sentiment, and ignored what was decent and right?

FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19417 posts)
wow now that is an angry person...have YOU ever served?

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
My father was army, I have two brothers(Army), and one sister(formerly Air Force, now DOD), and you've no idea as to what shapes my opinion of the military. We call other nations our friends because they allow us to use their soil as a launching platform for our operations, or they possess something we covet, such as oil or other natural resources. The majority of the world views our current govenment as being overly aggressive, yet many, like yourselves, think and act as automotons, brainwashed into believing whatever they might wish you to believe. Our nation spends countless billions fighting a war, and yet we sit idly by and watch as families starve to death upon our own shores, or our elderly go without care because they can't afford to participate in our ever skyrocketing health care system. And explain to me, why do we do nothing to recoup our losses. If we are forced by whatever circumstances to engage in an act of warfare against an enemy, why in the name of all thats sensible, do we not take natural resources from that nation equal in value to our costs in waging the engagement? Don't hit me with world or public opinion. We could give a rats ass what the world feels about what we do, and as for our own nation, the majority agree this conflict was a mistake of monolithic proportion. The military itself cannot be blamed as they simply adhere to our governments agenda. Yet what happens when the very government we have elected ignore our sentiments and proceeds according to their own minds? Have you ever read "Civil Disobedience" ?.

Gerrardstown WV
Username hidden
(277 posts)
now that is delusional ...every service member knows the risk of joining, if not your education and common sense are lacking. Thank God for the Patriots that do join and serve to protect those that do not.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
patogether, you called my post "stupid" and implied that I must have been stoned when I posted it. I say, you my friend, and not I am delusional. The military are infamous for utilizing the media to it's advantage, always reflecting the posative aspects of joining, ie, scholarships, security and the respect of a nation. Wondering why Uncle Sam doesn't reflect the disadvantages as well, like having to cast your own concious to the curb to further their objectives, or as happened in nam, if it doesn't end well, your subject to the scorn of a nation not so much in line with what washington says we are. I do not in any way take anything away from the sacrifices men and women alike are making to engage in this bullshit they are calling justifiable, but don't expect me to swallow what they preach simply because you do. Never going to happen.

Gerrardstown WV
Username hidden
(277 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 163   End
TOPIC: should the Iraq war deserters be given capital punishment