main cause of Civil War - the final smackdown : Swingers Discussion 99378
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsmain cause of Civil War - the final smackdown
TOPIC: main cause of Civil War - the final smackdown
Created by: perfectmatch The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 342   End
User Details are only visible to members.
He was watching ocra and was ashamed of his behavior. And his attitude toward folks on here and saw the error of his ways.

" even in America you must earn respect" Bill cosby

"70% of children brought in to the black community dont have a father in their life. That hurts and then they blame, and eventually it leads to Anger, which reflects in the community today". Bill Cosby.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I declare that the civil war is finally over, now it is time for reconciliation...Can I do that? LOL I just did anyway!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Perfect are you saying that the Morrill Tariff was a tariff imposed by the Federal Government and paid to the government by Southern states before they seceded? I was under the belief that the tariffs were imposed only on imported goods from forgein countries.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(527 posts)
I don't know Dan. The first part I am OK with. Any politicians words can be parsed to say what you want them to say, so I'll give you the first part. It's this second part I have trouble with;

"The rights of the States, especiall the right of each State to make it's own laws and to control it's own actions according to it's own judgement is essential to the balance of power in which our Contitution demands; and we believe it would be a most serious crime against the Constitution to send Federal troops into a State with the intent of violating these rights."

A major issue (not the only one) was State's Rights. Lincoln, maybe even more than any other issue, wanted to preserve the Union. That includes the right of a State to secede. The statement above does not seem to be in congruence with his actions to preserve the Union...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17348 posts)
For anyone interested Bil Cosby will be on Oprah today.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
"wait for the sign and all slaves will be free"

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17535 posts)
If slavery was THE main cause of the Civil War why was MD allowed to keep slaves until slavery was abolished? Why was ANY Northern state allowed slaves after the start or even before the Civil War? Why if slavery was THE cause of the Civil War was slavery in the South emancipated 3 years into the War? Why not immediately? Why was slavery not an issue at Lincolns FIRST inaugural address? Why was slavery not an issue during his campaigning other than to say he had no cause to end it? How can someone say it was the MAIN reason for the war when it was not an issue until the end of the war?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Discounting all that Sapp has supplied as evidence of the motivation for the CW, scientific observation of the south's continued legal attempts to disenfranchise and render impotent blacks AFTER the CW vis a vis Jim Crow, should lead you to conclude that slavery was indeed the cause d'etre.

Have you any post CW evidence to support your contention that taxation and tariffs were the main cause of the CW?

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
PM, In one last desparate attempt to appeal to your "logical mind" I ask, can you not understand that legally declaring an entire ethnic group as only 3/5 of a human being is a legal construct developed to justify a means to an end and further that end had NOTHING to do with taxes and or tariffs?

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
PerfectMatch:

So what was the cause of the Civil War and what's your proof of it?

Why did the South secede upon the election of Lincoln, and why did Jefferson Davis call slavery the interest of "transcendent magnitude," and why did Lincoln later say in his 2nd Inaugural Address,

"One-eighth of the whole population were colored slaves, not distributed generally over the Union, but localized in the southern part of it. These slaves constituted a peculiar and powerful interest. All knew that this interest was somehow the cause of the war."

Why do 4 of the best Enyclopedias all support Lincoln's view of the Civil War in this 2nd Inaugural Address and my view that slavery in all of its ramifications was the primary source of conflict?

State your reason for why the South seceded.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 342   End
TOPIC: main cause of Civil War - the final smackdown