Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics homeless numbers discrepancy in Chicago
TOPIC: homeless numbers discrepancy in Chicago
Created by: debjack50 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
Liberals lie to get higher taxes and screw the rest of us all the time, this is no different than the global warming lie.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
if u read the story it was not the sun times which was doing the census but another branch of the city itself...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Ed Shurna, executive director of the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, branded the city's downtown count "ludicrous."

"I could find 24 people walking from my office [at 1325 S. Wabash] to City Hall. The Pacific Garden Mission has 600 people every night. They're downtown. They're homeless. There's got to be at least that many living on the street," he said.

Shurna accused the city of trying to "sanitize" Chicago's marquee shopping district to bolster Daley's Olympic dream.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
it was a city census, not a the sun times census...

Two months ago, the Chicago Sun-Times reported that City Hall was conducting a census of people living on downtown streets with an eye toward getting them the permanent housing and support services they need.

The 15-week "foot poll" found an average of 92 people on the streets at the noon hour, some panhandling, others just wandering around. But only 24 of those people were sleeping downtown when the weekly count was conducted again at 5 a.m.

"The public perception is it should have been a higher number, but we couldn't find it," said Acting Housing Commissioner Ellen Sahli.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
This is not the first time "liberals" have provided outrageous numbers of homelessness. This may surprise everyone but the homeless groups have enormous lobbying power at the city levels. San Francisco is a classic study.

Note: I am saying liberals because I can't think of a specific classification.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: homeless numbers discrepancy in Chicago