Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Are you truly America first?
TOPIC: Are you truly America first?
Created by: eroticamazon
Original Starting post for this thread:
I hear this phrase a lot from people. The ones I hear it from generally wear red hats. I think they have not thought this thru. I don't think they are America first. I think they are just xenophobic. I think their actions are NOT making America first.

Let's break down a few sectors that would help make America first.

1. Public Education. It should start at age 2. It should have NO end.

Why? Who is the US competing with? It used to be Russia, but we bankrupted their asses. Now it is China and soon to be India. Populations that are significantly higher than ours. They can graduate more of one field than we do in all of our graduates in all fields. These countries are focusing heavily on education for their citizens.

Yet, what we have is people bitching about books, wanting to burden people with debt, all for what reason?

2. Renewable, sustainable energy. Carter was correct. He saw the damage that OPEC did to the country. I remember the even/odd days of being able to get gas, waiting in those damn lines with my mom. I also remember when gas trebled. It went from 25 cents a gallon to 62 cents nearly overnight. You can scream that you are anti-green all you want, but what you are screaming is that you want to be held hostage by OPEC. And no, we will NEVER ever completely end the need for oil, but we can easily use our own resources for industrial purposes.

3. Immigration. We are not going to be able to overtake China or India in population. They have a billion more than us! We are not going to be able to take in a billion immigrants. But we do need more bodies. Americans are showing India and China the ramifications of a population that is barely covering the replacement level. We can either reward people for having more kids or import more people. We can argue merit-based all day. Chances are we do not want merit-based criteria. We would want those that are not college graduates, etc.

4. Rework our subsidies. We subsidize foods that are killing people and creating HUGE medical issues as well as geo-political issues. Stop the corn subsidy. Over 11% of the US has diabetes. Basically, the whole fucking state of California's population has diabetes in the US. We are NUMBER 1 in the world here.

These are just a few points in which you should think . . . am I America first or something else?

1 to 1 of 1
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Santa Barbara CA US
Username hidden
(9084 posts)
1 to 1 of 1
TOPIC: Are you truly America first?
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.