Zero tolerance is for those with no common sense : Swingers Discussion 2213101021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsZero tolerance is for those with no common sense
TOPIC: Zero tolerance is for those with no common sense
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 28 of 28 
User Details are only visible to members.
"You would be hauled before the Hag"

The presiding judge of the World Court is an ugly old woman? Who knew?

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10416 posts)
VA:

Today? You would be hauled before the Hag and tried as a war criminal, manufacturing weapons of mass destruction.

Sadly this is the very example of a major problem we as a people have today. We cannot accept that given the advancement of science, we as a people must also advance culturally and socially to accept that there are people of lesser means with the ability to make bombs and other... People who we must take care of or face their wrath as they apply their know how to making weapons of death.

Why take care of people who can make such weapons? Because not all of these people are willing to enter into chemistry or other sciences. Why spend 4 years of school, 50,000 to 100,000 USD for a job that is paying 35,000 a year?

Unless we are going to accept that we will have to bring back summery execution and accept its use not as a deterrent, but as a means of population control... We must change how our society rewards people for entering into the sciences and how we fund the sciences, let alone those who enter into education related fields.

To me, there is no excuse for a scientist to not make 100,000 as their base pay within 5 years of entering any field of science. Will there be failures? People who entered the field and simply sucked or couldn't hack it? Yes and when they choose to act out, they will be few and far between, so you can afford to detain them.

Society is about to change, it will have no other option but to, least it collapse around us all.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6894 posts)
So Va, no one tried bottling a fart and igniting it?

I guess my HS was different than yours. :-)

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Big:

That is the story.

She made a weapon, brought it to school, it blew up and now she is punished.

Simple cause and effect. Heartless and cruel, just like the society which my generation was given and we shalt give onto our children.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6894 posts)
Man... I wonder what she brought.

When I was in freshman chemistry in high school, the teacher told everyone to bring in an "element". Most people produced a copper or nickel coin from their pocket, possibly a piece of silver or gold jewelry. One person brought in a jar of carbon dioxide, created through venting a soda bottle into the jar. He proved it was carbon dioxide by putting a flaming split into it (although of course it could have been a number of gases and done the same thing).

I brought in a mason jar of chlorine gas. It was visibly yellow-green. I made it through the chlor-alkali process (which I "discovered" by accident trying to find more efficient ways to make hydrogen) using graphite electrodes and a battery charger. My teacher thought it was interesting.

Of course, chlorine gas is listed as a chemical weapon. I wonder what would happen today.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17660 posts)
Sorry BS

I did a bad job with the copy and paste.

Bottom line........

"In another era, Wilmot may have gotten scolded and sent back to class. But in this age of zero-tolerance policies, Wilmot is in deep trouble. She was arrested on Monday morning after the incident and charged with possession and discharge of a weapon on school property and discharging a destructive device."

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
wheres the rest of the story............BS

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Science experiments don't always go the way they are intended. This, a 16-year-old Florida teenager knows all too well.

This week, Kiera Wilmot went to school and mixed some household chemicals in a tiny 8-ounce water bottle. It looked like a simple chemistry project but then the top popped off when a small explosion occurred.

Wilmot, who is in good standing as a student, said it was an accident. The Bartow High School principal told a local television station that the teen made a “bad choice” and called her a a good kid who has never previously been in trouble.

“Honestly, I doIn another era, Wilmot may have gotten scolded and sent back to class. But in this age of zero-tolerance policies, Wilmot is in deep trouble. She was arrested on Monday morning after the incident and charged with possession and discharge of a weapon on school property and discharging a destructive device.

In turn, she was expelled and will finish her high school years in an expulsion programn't think she meant to ever hurt anyone,” Principal Ron Pritchard told a Tampa Bay television station. “She wanted to see what would happen [when the chemicals mixed] and was shocked by what it did. Her mother is shocked too.”

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 28 of 28 
TOPIC: Zero tolerance is for those with no common sense