You can take the gal out of the Ghetto, but you can't take the Ghetto out of the gal : Swingers Discussion 21567710182
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsYou can take the gal out of the Ghetto, but you can't take the Ghetto out of the gal
TOPIC: You can take the gal out of the Ghetto, but you can't take the Ghetto out of the gal
GoTo Page: Less ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... More 
Start   182 to 191 of 282   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I grew up in NYC, ghetto's are often referred to as areas that are inhabited by people who rely on government subsidies (rent, wic, section 8 etc...) aka projects.

It is filled with various immigrants, Chinese, Russian, Americans etc...it is also inhabited by blacks.

Many of these areas were/are crime ridden, and more often than not, those that I've met tend to behave in ways that can be described as lacking in manners, regardless of their skin color.

It's quite disturbing that some people assume that only blacks live in ghettos, and that only blacks behave like ghetto *dwellers.*

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16810 posts)
Upon further research, the term originated to describe areas where JEWS lived.

Knowledge is such a wonderful thang.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19424 posts)
NY Ghettos were primarily Irish, and German in the 19th century. Lower income areas in Ireland are also referred to as Ghettos.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19424 posts)
M, if I remember correctly the word "Ghetto" was used to describe Jewish areas in Germany before WW2. But Roc must not be history wise.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19424 posts)
You can call Bullshit until you're blue in the face, it doesn't change diddly squat. You are flat out stating that only blacks are living in ghettos, not I.

A bit of self reflection is in order Rese. Good luck with that chip, it's heavy.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16810 posts)
Call bullshit all you want. I have been around here for some time, and Sed has been here longer than me. She is the last person that should be considered a racist. Evidently you are seeing more into it than what was posted. That speaks more to your mindset then hers.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19424 posts)
* question asking why OTHERS use the term ghetto in reference to black ppl...I am implying that others, such as yourself, use it as a negative, racial term to refer to what you deem as inappropriate behavior by black ppl. So how about you answer your own question? *

I have no idea how others in *Indiana* are abusing the word ghetto, I used it to describe Michelle Obama behaving as a person with no manners. I maintain my stance, she has no manners.

Now, please answer my question, (note the difference in our interaction and tone, yours is angry presumptuous and demanding, mine is relaxed and trying to understand why you are implying that only blacks live in ghettos), are you implying that only blacks live in ghettos? if so, when was the last time that you actually set foot in areas that are commonly referred to as ghettos.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16810 posts)
It is as bad as NK throwing around his wife's color every chance he gets. I feel sorry for her, it seems that is all she is to him a white piece of property.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19424 posts)
Ohhh please it was a reference to her behavior, not her color. Stop with the bull shit. I get so tired of it, every time somebody hears something they don't like even though color is never mentioned some people declare it is about color. It is crap and it IS bigoted.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19424 posts)
Roc, that is racist, seriously because you hear a word you don't like you ASSUME it is because she is black. At the least it is very bigoted, at the worst racist.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19424 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... More 
Start   182 to 191 of 282   End
TOPIC: You can take the gal out of the Ghetto, but you can't take the Ghetto out of the gal