You can take the gal out of the Ghetto, but you can't take the Ghetto out of the gal : Swingers Discussion 21567710171
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsYou can take the gal out of the Ghetto, but you can't take the Ghetto out of the gal
TOPIC: You can take the gal out of the Ghetto, but you can't take the Ghetto out of the gal
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 282   End
User Details are only visible to members.
As to sleeping at night, Rese, delusional grandeur is unattractive, you are not someone that I think about, you are not playing any role in my life, you're a mere time pass for me. Toying with illogical individuals who are driven by emotions is an enjoyable hobby. Thank you for indulging me.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
I don't have to say anything Rese, it was not me who assumed that only black people live in the ghetto, it was you. I hope that you can look at yourself honestly and try to figure out why you think that way, what happened to you to make such assumptions. Maybe some day you can stop thinking in such a convoluted and bigoted way.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Again it is you that is stuck on color.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19241 posts)
Today, many of us presented various explanations that we found on the web, to describe/explain what ghetto means.

I am puzzled why, to this day and age, some people are so racistthat they would assume that, when people say ghetto to describe the low class behavior of others, it would be a statement degrading blacks?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Sweet you forgot 10)Using the race card to intimidate others when there is absolutely no sign of racism on their part.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19241 posts)
Etymology

Dictionaries list a number of possible origins for the originally Italian term, including "gheto" or "ghet", which means slag or waste in Venetian, and was used in this sense in a reference to a foundry where slag was stored located on the same island as the area of Jewish confinement (the Venetian Ghetto), and borghetto, diminutive of borgo 'borough'.

History

The development of ghettos in America is closely associated with different waves of immigration and internal urban migration. The Irish and German immigrants of the mid-19th century were the first ethnic groups to form ethnic enclaves in America's cities. This was followed by large numbers of immigrants from Southern and Eastern Europe, including many Italians and Poles between 1880 and 1920. These later European immigrants actually were more segregated than blacks in the early twentieth century. Most of these remained in their established immigrant communities, but by the second or third generation, many families were able to relocate to better housing in the suburbs after World War II.

These ethnic ghetto areas included the Lower East Side in Manhattan, New York, which later became notable as predominantly Jewish, and East Harlem, which became home to a large Puerto Rican community in the 1950s. Little Italys across the country were predominantly Italian ghettos. Many Polish immigrants moved to sections like Pilsen of Chicago and Polish Hill of Pittsburgh and Brighton Beach is the home of mostly Russian and Ukrainian immigrants.

You can read more about it here:

wikipedia.o rg/wiki/Ghetto

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
I'll have to dig deeper, but the word DID come from Europe having nothing to do with blacks.

Most liberals are idiots, the rest are complete morons.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19241 posts)
Vacpl4fun....is there a name and definition for the white rural version?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
So, by your definition, a forum topic with taking the Jew ouuta the ghetto should not be deleted?

And, contrary to the belief of many on the right, most black ppl are NOT from the ghetto.

There are middle classes in all colors and nationalities. As there are "ghettos" of a different names, for others... Like trailers.... Oh, and there are white ppl and Jews in "the ghetto".

Talk about you guys creating a class and social competition.....

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(2096 posts)
Webster definition

ghet·to [get-oh] noun, plural ghet·tos, ghet·toes. 1. a section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships. 2. (formerly, in most European countries) a section of a city in which all Jews were required to live. 3. a section predominantly inhabited by Jews. 4. any mode of living, working, etc., that results from stereotyping or biased treatment: job ghettos for women; ghettos for the elderly.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 282   End
TOPIC: You can take the gal out of the Ghetto, but you can't take the Ghetto out of the gal