William F Buckley dies : Swingers Discussion 99403
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWilliam F Buckley dies
TOPIC: William F Buckley dies
Created by: tbrmskss
Original Starting post for this thread:
Author and conservative commentator William F. Buckley Jr. has died at age 82.

His assistant Linda Bridges says Buckley died Wednesday morning at his home in Stamford, Conn.

Buckley became famous for his intellectual political writings in his magazine, the National Review.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
Well said Kev, and seeing this, at least in my opinion, good man only received two posts, pretty damn sad. He was intelligent beyond his years.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12102 posts)
A giant of a Man...RIP!

NEW YORK - William F. Buckley Jr., the erudite Ivy Leaguer and conservative herald who showered huge and scornful words on liberalism as he observed, abetted and cheered on the right’s post-World War II rise from the fringes to the White House, died Wednesday. He was 82.

“I am, I fully grant, a phenomenon, but not because of any speed in composition,” he wrote in The New York Times Book Review in 1986. “I asked myself the other day, ‘Who else, on so many issues, has been so right so much of the time?’ I couldn’t think of anyone.”

Buckley had for years been withdrawing from public life, starting in 1990 when he stepped down as top editor of the National Review. In December 1999, he closed down “Firing Line” after a 23-year run, when guests ranged from Richard Nixon to Allen Ginsberg. “You’ve got to end sometime and I’d just as soon not die onstage,” he told the audience.

“For people of my generation, Bill Buckley was pretty much the first intelligent, witty, well-educated conservative one saw on television,” fellow conservative William Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard, said at the time the show ended. “He legitimized conservatism as an intellectual movement and therefore as a political movement.”

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Author and conservative commentator William F. Buckley Jr. has died at age 82.

His assistant Linda Bridges says Buckley died Wednesday morning at his home in Stamford, Conn.

Buckley became famous for his intellectual political writings in his magazine, the National Review.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: William F Buckley dies