Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Will the Republican Party Survive
TOPIC: Will the Republican Party Survive
Created by: Vegascplxxx
Original Starting post for this thread:
It's pretty obvious that the Republican Party is way out of step with most of America. If a Black man can be elected President when he is running against an established, rich, old, white guy you know there is a problem. In this campaign the Republicans have managed to insult the intelligence of women, Muslin Americans, Black Americans, and Mexican Americans. I'm sure I missed a few others.

It's obvious that Regan's voodoo economics does not work. There should be no debate in the future about giving all our money to the extremely wealthy so that it can trickle down. The debate about Abortion is over! After 35 years there is no going back. The debate about being at war all the time is over! The American people want to spend money on things that benefit their lives not just destroy the lives of others.

The world is changing at an exponential rate and we need leaders who are intelligent to meet future challenges. After 8 years of conservative control we now have to catch up with the rest of the world rather than them catching up with us!

If McCain and Palin is the best the Republicans have then the future of the Republican Party is pretty dim. Will the party be able to change enough in the next four years to be able to survive as a political force in this country?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"There is No Conservative America, There is No Liberal America, There is a United States of America."

Lets stop the petty bickering and deal with it or leave...

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(825 posts)
"God Save America!"

he just did

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
congrats, you have just elected a non citizen, coward, commie America hating POTUS....God Save America!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Right on the money FreePanties. I still believe it is ( 3rd party) the only way to a true free society.

Where have you been the last month I've been surrounded by the dems and repubs ( right where I wanted them) LOL could have used your fire support.

Nader 2008 jubambd

Grifton NC
Username hidden
(1364 posts)
Perm,

As you can see... I agree....

Huntingdon Vy PA
Username hidden
(1067 posts)
I should qualify my "He got my vote."

I did not vote for Ralph based upon his positions (though many I agree with, many I don't). I voted for Ralph as an expression of my feelings towards a two party system, each out to advance their own position. A protest vote that I'm sure Ralph would have no problem with.

I'm firmly believe we need to do away with all political parties (they are nothing more than a source problem) and allow candidates all, the opportunities to present their opinions and positions on the issues of the day. (There are four Presidential Candidates on the ballot in most States. How many were represented at the debates and who do you think got to make that call, honestly?)

A genuine American Presidential Candidate, worthy of the office should be able to communicate in such a way that individuals on both sides feel represented. Do either of the two main parties do that?

Huntingdon Vy PA
Username hidden
(1067 posts)
I have always liked Nader. Unforunately he just wont garner enough votes to make it fly.

It has always bothered me that when you get to the voting booths there are names and your like who the heck are they. I think when it comes to the national debates every candidate should be a participant. I have always wished for a third or even fourth party. I do not allaign with either of the 2 main parties for this country. That's why I register independant.

The other things that irk me are that I can not vote in the primaries as an independant. Why should what I think only count part of the time.

I also feel the country has out lived the electoral college. The voices of the people should be the only votes that count. I do not think the electoral system fits that. If it did we would never have a president that did not win the popular vote.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Actually Rose Nader, passed away in 2006 at the age of 100.

As an FYI.....

Rose Nader was a joyous person with an engaging vibrant manner, a love of singing songs and spreading proverbs and an irreverent sense of humor. "She was not a person of many words," said her daughter Claire, who is active with many citizen groups, "but her content contained much memorable wisdom." For example, her daughter Laura noted, "on child-rearing formulas, Mom observed that, 'there is no recipe.' On supporting each other, it was 'operation cooperation.'"

To her young children, Rose Nader would explain health care just when they were most receptive--lying in bed with childhood ailments. To her growing children, she would teach about priceless things by asking them the price of sunshine, or songbirds or cool breezes. She declined to read to her little ones, preferring to draw on her wide historical and literary memory and speak directly to their eyes so as to discern their reactions and expressions.

Rose Nader consistently conveyed to her children their duty to improve the country to which she had emigrated. "One day, when I was about nine years old," recalled her son Ralph, "she asked me if I loved my country," I replied that I did, whereupon she said "Well I hope when you grow up, you’ll work hard to make your country more lovable."

When her children came home from school for lunch, she would relate installments of an historical saga. While at the evening meal, she listened to the children talk about what the school day was like.

The Nader story is actually a very good read. We need more of those families in America...... He got my vote....

Huntingdon Vy PA
Username hidden
(1067 posts)
Stop Hating!

K

Southaven MS
Username hidden
(1769 posts)
Its not so bad being independant...

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
TOPIC: Will the Republican Party Survive