Will There Be A Depression if Romney Wins : Swingers Discussion 2106471071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWill There Be A Depression if Romney Wins
TOPIC: Will There Be A Depression if Romney Wins
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 92   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"A depression is simply the removal of money from the economy. "

Yes, if you let the wealthiest keep even more of the money, it's as far removed from the economy as it could be. Beyond a point, they just stash it.

If the massive tax (revenue) cuts occur, there will be wholesale job losses, benefit cuts, and millions more people without a dime to spend in the economy.

How many people have incomes independent of whether their fellow Americans have disposable income? I can't think of any.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"If the Republicans go through with their plan, and get a balanced budget very soon, that will take about a trillion dollars out of the economy."

Do you honestly think he can balance the budget if he cuts taxes and increases defense spending? How does that "math" compute?

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4078 posts)
Well, it really depends...

If Romney is elected, and implements both his 20% across the board tax cuts, and the Ryan budget, it may come to pass.

A depression is simply the removal of money from the economy.

If the Republicans go through with their plan, and get a balanced budget very soon, that will take about a trillion dollars out of the economy.

That is a contraction of about 7%, which is slightly smaller than what happened in 2008.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
"You've put an awful lot of words in my mouth. Sorry give me a while to try to pull them out."

It's not a trick question VA.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4078 posts)
"Did that put an end to their party? "

Because BHO saved them. Gave them one more chance. I honestly believe if McCain had won we would be much worse off then now and it would have been a long time to another GOP POTUS. Do not take the above to mean I think BHO did a bad job as I said before he won it gave them a reprieve as no one could turn the economy around in four years. Romney is putting all the GOP cards on the table, if Krugman is right, IMO there will not be another GOP POTUS for a very long time.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4078 posts)
Let me guess, it's that dood that was braying the same shit in the previous election, claiming that the Republican party is finished done with, non existent if Obama is elected. The same dood that uses the View as his back up!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17056 posts)
"Because Romney and the GOP claim to have the answer and we do go into a deep recession/depression, the GOP stands a lot more to loose. In fact it could mean the end of your party as we know it for generations."

Lol, don't be so naive.

We are mere months removed (and still suffering) from the worst economic clusterfuck since the Great Depression, courtesy of a Republican President and following 12 years of almost uninterrupted Republican control over both houses of Congress. Did that put an end to their party?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
You've put an awful lot of words in my mouth. Sorry give me a while to try to pull them out.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20226 posts)
Well, Krugman is not exactly known for being non-partisan. Is it beneath him to be simply trying to scare people who are considering voting for Romney?

Again, you make a good point, but you keep avoiding the original question. Which is, if what Krugman predicts does come to pass, how will the GOP "spin" it? Will you blame BHO in a couple of years? How can you do that when you keep telling us we can't blame GWB.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4078 posts)
"Krugman is laying a lot on the line with such a piece. If Romney wins and a depression does not come to pass, this would hurt his credibility a lot."

I could not agree with you more, but it works both ways. Because Romney and the GOP claim to have the answer and we do go into a deep recession/depression, the GOP stands a lot more to loose. In fact it could mean the end of your party as we know it for generations. The Right is stuck in the 20th century and what might have worked in 1980 according to Krugman will not work in the new world economy of the 21st century. Unlike "tatlady" who claims to know everything about everything, I tend to go with a Nobel laureate in economics rather then that of a narcissist.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4078 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 92   End
TOPIC: Will There Be A Depression if Romney Wins