Will Religious Right Cost Repubs the Presidency : Swingers Discussion 792541021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWill Religious Right Cost Repubs the Presidency
TOPIC: Will Religious Right Cost Repubs the Presidency
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 33   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Illusions can be fun......till you realize your wings don't exist..........

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Well I can predict that if things don't go well for either of them if they win, they will just blame Bush's policies instead of admit that their policies had failed. I guarantee that will be the strategy for the Dems for a very long time.......

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
No need to thank me. Just telling what I heard.....he's not my man and I believe on many issues dead wrong.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Really I fear this would be a mistake, But I guess he wants a thinner field. Either way I would like to see it. Thanks St.pete.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"Newt will enter in June all out he must for the sake of the GOP if not for what he sees for the country"

Just saw Newt on Meet the Press this morning. He says he'll not declare definitively until Sept/Oct.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Its either something big happens FOR Bush or the dems shoot themselves in the foot. Which is not out of the question. Kerry was behind the Bush AWOL bogus story and everyone saw it and then things started down hill for him. Newt will enter in June all out he must for the sake of the GOP if not for what he sees for the country. Current candidates are already fucken up.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Well Gary if I were you I'd talk to a few moderates, they are not to happy with those who identify themselves as "Conservative". The conservatives have tied their name with Bush for so long, that now it seems that they may be hurt by his unpopularity. No one can deny that he is unpopular right now, and unless something dramatic happens, he will most likely be unpopular by the time the 08' elections come around. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't asked to campaign or even take a photo with the republican nominee. I think it's impossible to deny that the republicans have a up hill battle for the White House, this election may be the democrats to lose. But then again you could have said the same thing about the 2000 election, and we all know what a fantastic job Al Gore did with his presidential campaign. The Republicans will need a "Moderate", not someone who they will try to sell as a "Moderate".

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
True Conservative...I think you are wrong Joe I think the American Public will elect a true conservative.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Personally I am torn as well. While Giuliani would make a very strong National candidate, I personally feel that Mccain would make the better president. A Giuliani/Mccain ticket would be great, but I don't think Mccain would ever settle for VP. I do think that John Mccain would be a very strong candidate in a general election inspite of his position concerning Iraq. People know him as a true Bi-partisan. And whether the Republicans like it or not they will not win with a "True Conservative" candidate. That ship had sailed when we went to war with Iraq. The Dems are in an extremely strong position, inspite of their screwups in the congress and senate. People can be persuaded to vote for change and a "New Direction" if they perceive that things are not going well. It's all about perception, and right now the Dems have the advantage. So the best thing the Republicans can do would be to nominate someone who the far Right isn't in love with. Otherwise they can just go out on their swords.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Neither do I, But John the traitor Cary was a victim of his own party last time as well.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 33   End
TOPIC: Will Religious Right Cost Repubs the Presidency