Why the political threads : Swingers Discussion 97761
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhy the political threads
TOPIC: Why the political threads
Created by: perfectmatch The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
AMEN!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Can I have an Amen!

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
Yeah we for the most part all like Booze, sex, rockin roll and fishing!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
elc

"There is much common ground between liberals and conservatives in our country"

Pretty true statement.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
I am here in part to share with like minded people, it also tells us much about who we would like to meet and NOT like to meet. Many things are posted here about issues that are not in the mainstream press so I like that too.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Well I hate to brag, but I kinda help start the political threads. I used to post on another swinger site's political forum and got banned for using the N word, LOL. I even called the moderator and pointed out that I was black, but it didn't matter. Anyway I started posting political stuff in the Open Forums and pretty soon they opened up a Political Forum. I'm not saying that I was the only catalyst, but it was there when it opened. I'm not a History buff or have any fancy degrees. I'm just an "Average Joe" who likes talking about the world around me and who uses my own understanding of the universe to shape my unique point of view. It may not always be right or even logical. But I don't feel embarrassed or intimidated by those who have double the lifespan of my own. I always measure the motivations and character of the person posting as much as the content of their posts. Yes we have Right Wingers who can't stand anything "progressive" or "Liberal", and we have Left Wingers who feel the same about "conservative values". I consider myself a south park conservative. I just can't stand Liberal "we know whats best for you" arrogance. I can acknowledge good points on either side, but I hate when people act like they are trying to "educate the ignorant" with their personal points of view. And I also can't stand flamers who get off starting shit when it's not necessary to start any shit. I have my personal favorites on the board, people who I don't always agree with or even think win every debate, but people who I've grown to love and respect as friends. It's kinda weird when I think about it, but thats how I feel about some of you guys. And I think you know who you are. So here's to many more years of good political debate and discussions. I would raise a toast but I'm at work, or so that's what the boss thinks I do all night, LOL!

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Sapp - Your last post on this forum was very good and I happen to agree. Mind you, this is from a political conservative.

The exchange of political ideologies - whether it's agreed upon or not - is healthy. I've been actively involved in the political arena since the early 1990's, but interested for a much longer period. And I've learned many moons ago not to argue, it's just not worth it. Debate yes, argue no.

Ironically, it was in this "exchange of political ideologies" that convinced me that what I believed the role of government should be aligned with the Republican Party philosophy.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
i come here as a political science/history major whose original fascination was world politics. i remember my first poly sci examination in college was one simple question. what is power and how does it affect international relations? i was sold. i am interested in the variety of viewpoints and the varied ways in which people do or do not justify them. i hate politics of extremes and believe that such politics (us vs them or we are right and you are wrong) has creeped too much into our national consciousness and indeed, even here. i recognize people's different opinions and if supported, respect them. however, i do not respect silly statements or baseless conclusion or dogma.

i do admit that sometimes the vitriol of some is disheartening but scream politics has become the norm in today's society. a civilized debate is hard to find anymore and that is a shame. i am always looking though

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Perf I like your OP. I won't mock you. I sometimes find myself struggling to hold back and not slam some. I can't count how many times I've deleted huge amounts of post because it was just going to far. I am definitely not as witty with the word as some, and sometimes struggle to make my point without seeming lunatic.

Because NH won't allow us to vote independent in the primaries (by law we have to declare) I have always been a Republican (a moderate, no kidding!). I'm pretty sure there are many here who are cringing right now reading that statement, because I absolutely refuse to be a goose stepping, copy and paste ditto head.

There is much common ground between liberals and conservatives in our country. Those are the areas that are fertile and most productive with regard to the welfare of mankind, and our Nation. I do however really hate Demagog's who's underlying motivations appear to be to discredit the other sides with garbage they only pretend to understand.

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
Hmmm, I used to come in here to argue with Perfect. It amused me. But that was a long time ago. When I met he and that gorgeous woman he "married up" to I discovered our viewpoints were very similar.

Like a few previous posters, I take no one's word for anything, and prefer to read and study the issue myself. I'm not a Democrat, and neither am I Republican - I vote for the candidate that impresses me with his strength, character, plain-speaking, and intelligence only.

I do agree with Milfy on one thing though, and hence disagree with Sweetbutt. There is one hell of a lot of flaming in the political forums for the SAKE of flaming, NOT to defend a point. If there was less of that, and more actual discussion, I'd be here often. As it is, I visit about once a day, read up on those topics that haven't already turned into rants by the far right OR far left sycophants, and maybe even make a comment or two.

Island and Dancing, both of you have impressed me with your statements lately, and your humor! S (and sometimes J if we're talking economy or immigration)

And PS - I've gotta get a new pic of this shirt, lol

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: Why the political threads