Why drone stikes are ok and torture is not : Swingers Discussion 216508101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhy drone stikes are ok and torture is not
TOPIC: Why drone stikes are ok and torture is not
Created by: PartyPerks847
Original Starting post for this thread:
Quite simply, it is rule of engagement going back to 3000 years the Egyptians and the Hittites and reaffirmed as recently as 14th Amendment and the Geneva convention. On the field of battle it is the duty of the belligerent to kill his enemy Once however, you take someone someone prisoner, rules and governance apply and in the case of people being detained by the US, once "under the jurisdiction of the US" one is entitled to equal protection under the law. As for American citizens being killed by drone attacks, the rule of engagement under the Obama administration clearly states this happens when an American citizen is an "imminent threat" to American security. For example, in a hostage situation, when a sniper has the assailant in his crosshairs and he is an imminent threat to the hostage, there is no "due process" necessary. The sniper takes out the assailant The commander in chief is sworn to defend the US against ALL enemies foreign and domestic....THIS is what a war on terror look like....all you people who will use any excuse to attack Obama...get over it

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
Vacpl4...Yupp...and if there are "mistakes", it is Darwin hard at work.

Unless you are in the intelligence community or a journalist who in both cases would have notified the US of their whereabouts, and you are in the vicinity of known terrorists for whatever reason, I will not shed tear one if you happen to get blown up along with them.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
PP you know this pains me deeply to agree with you LOL. Yes I say go after them !! The one thing I don't think should happen and as far as I know it is not being put on the table would be to use drones to strike them on our own soil. Other than that blow the f*cks away.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Quite simply, it is rule of engagement going back to 3000 years the Egyptians and the Hittites and reaffirmed as recently as 14th Amendment and the Geneva convention. On the field of battle it is the duty of the belligerent to kill his enemy Once however, you take someone someone prisoner, rules and governance apply and in the case of people being detained by the US, once "under the jurisdiction of the US" one is entitled to equal protection under the law. As for American citizens being killed by drone attacks, the rule of engagement under the Obama administration clearly states this happens when an American citizen is an "imminent threat" to American security. For example, in a hostage situation, when a sniper has the assailant in his crosshairs and he is an imminent threat to the hostage, there is no "due process" necessary. The sniper takes out the assailant The commander in chief is sworn to defend the US against ALL enemies foreign and domestic....THIS is what a war on terror look like....all you people who will use any excuse to attack Obama...get over it

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Why drone stikes are ok and torture is not