Why Republicans Are Turning Their Chainsaws on FEMA : Swingers Discussion 2109471031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhy Republicans Are Turning Their Chainsaws on FEMA
TOPIC: Why Republicans Are Turning Their Chainsaws on FEMA
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 57   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sedu:

Until the water recedes or is pumped out, nothing can be done.

Power does nothing if the homes are ruined and can no longer retain heat, pipes busted due to them splitting with water expansion as it freezes every night, ect.

As for where to put the displaced? That has long been a problem no agency, government or private can solve in a week without martial law. Thus the unchallengeable power which we rightfully do not give freely.

The national guard use to be able to turn that stagnant water into potable, but these wars decimated these fields and only a special few like the 201st red horse have retained these skills or equipment.

I could continue to explain to you the problems and solutions... But at the end of the day, people must come to realize some important facts.

1) NYC holds a population if nearly seven million people. These affected area may only hold a few hundred thousand to a million people... But short of building FEMA camps... You have no place to put these people.

2) the government isn't going to force these people from their homes and after storms like these... Rebuilding is always going to be a multi month project.

3) most of these homes will have to be torn down and rebuilt. Those not torn down will have to dry out completely. This means gutted, left vacant for months as the beams dry, and then the interiors rebuilt.

You really need to start looking at this as the problem it is, not the inconvenanc you want it to be.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
The causes and effects of natural disaster are atmospheric and geological. The politics of diaster relief efforts also have causes and effects. Consider this:

In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, which affected as many as 60 million people, those in the path of the storm are relying on coordinated disaster relief to get back to normal. Yet Republican leadership, including Paul Ryan, Eric Cantor and John Boehner, have fought to cut disaster relief funding. In fact, they managed to cut the disaster relief fund to a mere $2.65 billion, which Sandy’s impact is sure to surpass.

Now, we have a huge swath of the eastern seaboard in need of relief, supplies and clean up. The resources to fund this effort will need to be allocated quickly, and it is likely that this will be done during the lame duck session. Those same House Republicans will still be in power and in the position to hold disaster relief hostage for other cuts. Given their past efforts, which include cutting first responder funding to pay for disaster relief, we must demand now that social programs and first responder funding are not cut to pay for Hurricane Sandy. {An eastern state political opinion by an eastern state politician}.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7065 posts)
Since recovery from the damage caused by Superstorm Sandy has affected one or two states more than others, it seems like local officials have the authority to turn away workers seeking money who may be unskilled to do the job required.

National disaster is a national security issue. Unions are more capable of understanding the local codes and issues than pretentious or scab laborers from deep south states more likely to have unskilled, uneducated carpenters and electricians who carry garage tools.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7065 posts)
Recovery is going well? Really, tell that to the residents of zone1 in SI. FEMA Is doing squat there.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17056 posts)
Why Republicans Are Turning Their Chainsaws on FEMA

Republicans arent the people Fema has to worry about.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
azqt:

"You should seek some professional help. You keep bringing up very violent scenarios, often with knives or other cutting objects, sometimes wearing your ninja pjs."

Lifes violent, get over it.

"You support killing people who fail to view things they way you dictate they should."

No, I said I support killing those who choose to rebel against the Government by means of violence. (thus sluaghtering those using weapons to fight the government.)

"You have also advocated missile/drone strikes on American citizens and politicians, a very dangerous concept."

I stated that if you leave the US and join our enemies, you become a legit target.

I stated that if you are part of the rebel factions causing civil war within the US, you become a legit target.

These are the prices you pay for choosing to take arms against your country, don't like it? Tough shit.

"I realize you claim finances are a problem, possibly your county can assist you there"

Actually it doesn't, not unless you are seriously damaged. Such damage would basically have you already committing acts of violence against others and thus already in the pipeline for prison.

Got to love your capitalistic system,... don't you?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
"Just read an article about electricians who traveled from Alabama to help out in New Jersey - they were turned away because they weren't in a union."

I would love to see this 'article'... Would you cite a link please?

They were turned away because they do not hold NJ trade licenses, not because of a lack of union cards.

My office manager has been on the phone with the state of NJ, FEMA and OEM in Newark and Trenton for the last few days trying to accomplish just this for my crews, permission for my company to work in the disaster area. State says: No current NJ license, no access. Period.

Seems the states learned the hard way from the aftermath of Andrew in Florida....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
One thing I didn't want to say is that the recovery process is going so well with FEMA and the idea of everyone helping everyone else. There are gaps and failures. Just read an article about electricians who traveled from Alabama to help out in New Jersey - they were turned away because they weren't in a union.

Albany OR
Username hidden
(36 posts)
So back to the question about turning the chainsaws on FEMA, how would privatization effectively work with disaster relief? Would we purchase policies? Would rescuers accept credit cards? It's a pain to pay for ala carte services. Would it make sense to have some type of general coverage or even a cafeteria plan to pay for privatized emergency management firms - fire, police, ambulance, dog catcher, disaster relief, and social services? Corporations in general are not altruistic. There has to be serious ebidta before a company would consider jumping into the business of saving people.

Albany OR
Username hidden
(36 posts)
Bobby,

You should seek some professional help. You keep bringing up very violent scenarios, often with knives or other cutting objects, sometimes wearing your ninja pjs. You support killing people who fail to view things they way you dictate they should. You have also advocated missile/drone strikes on American citizens and politicians, a very dangerous concept. I realize you claim finances are a problem, possibly your county can assist you there.

Good luck.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2378 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 57   End
TOPIC: Why Republicans Are Turning Their Chainsaws on FEMA