Why Republicans Are Turning Their Chainsaws on FEMA : Swingers Discussion 2109471011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhy Republicans Are Turning Their Chainsaws on FEMA
TOPIC: Why Republicans Are Turning Their Chainsaws on FEMA
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 57   End
User Details are only visible to members.
To 'outdoorsWNC'

One commentator on The Weather Channel reported the population of Ellis Island at 247,000. The necessities of those whose homes are gone, and whose lives are diminished, it would seem probable that 245,000 of those affected hope for and expect government assistance and good neighbor support. The other 2,000 would be paid Republic-con Party operatives, and few small congregations of fundamentalists who will wait for the 'god' of their imagination to appear and rescue them, and who also vote for Republic-con Party candidates because their dictatorial false prophets tell them what to believe.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
Bobby,

WOW, 8 paragraphs, and all void of fact. C'mon, you can level with us. Do you just make this stuff up as you go? More importantly, does anybody besides you believe that crap?

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2374 posts)
Sedu:

I am glad that you have been humbled a bit. I haven't made fun of anyone's losses, simply stated that these people knew what was coming and were told they would be flooded out. This means no power, no heat, no water, no civilization for a while.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Spent hours in Brooklyn and Staten Island, zone 1. The devastation is indiscribable. FEMA no where to be found and has not visited the destroyed and still flooded streets where my parents live. My dad stood there, clad in hubby's sneakers, my BIL's jacket and wept like a child. My mother is holding it together better though she's definately shel shocked. They called FEMA and after being on hold for 95 minutes were given a link to a website to register! My mother explained that she has no power and no way to connect online. The operator instructed her to do it when she has power.

Manhattan beach in Brooklyn, a multi million dollar neighborhood and cars in the six figures, is literally decimated. A loser like Bobochik will chime in with more dumb commentary, mocking people's losses. But watching the pain and struggle in the eyes of people who lost their personal belongings, pictures of loved ones, irreplaceables and other personal losses just tears your soul up.

Humbling, a wake up call for sure. We're fragile, weak and absolutely powerless when faced with such painful experiences.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16824 posts)
We pile on bush because he made fuck up after fuck up.

He claimed to be a businessman but ruined most every one of his companies. He got us involved in Iraq on lies and arrogance of thinking 150,000 soldiers were all that were needed, when he was told 500,000 to start and another 125,000 to support the invasion and occupy the nation so to prevent the sectarian and terrorist violence.

Bush jr fucked the economy with his trickle down supply side economics... But failed to get companies off the government doll. (FYI: supply side economics only works in theory if and only if you aren't subsadizing labor and business with write offs.)

Bush didn't have the balls to tell Pakistan that if he can't trust you, you are told what we want you to know and nothing else.

Obama has been cleaning bushes messes up for the last four years and cleaning the trash left by your republican bafoons for the last 60 years.

Oh and as for Katrina itself, bush over rode many of the automatic systems thinking small government could better do the work... So you small government people have no room to complain, because your complaints must be directed to the following in order.

1) the people who didn't get out of the storms path. 2) the local communities for not organizing a mass exile before the storm. 3) the mayors of the cities for not issuing mandatory evacuation orders of the most volnable areas. 4) the state governors for all the above and more. 5) the national guard for decimating its ability to use equipment which is meant to turn non-potable water into drinking water. (and other)

In the end, those who say to be self reliant, thise staying in the path of the storm when they could have fled or moved to higher ground, have no voice in these matters.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Robert,

You have a convenient excuse for everything. Why does owebama keep getting passes from you guys, but the lefties piled on Bush with Katrina? The double standards of the left is never ending. You have no clue as to disaster recovery work, let alone work. Disaster recovery includes doing the things you talk about. Yet you imply that work can't start until securing the area is done? So how does this get done?

Your explanation means so much coming from a guy who watches his piss freeze before hitting the ground in mid August. Don't worry, you still have a bit more credibility than a few others around here.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2374 posts)
Why can't everyone be everywhere at once, doing everything I want?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Azqt:

You apparently know nothing about relief work.

There are a great many threats which must be worked through one at a time before anyone can simply begin any work. Case in point, the water must be pumped out before utilities can be fixed.

Case in point, utility lines must be shut off and tested to be off. Ever try working on gas mains while they pump gas? Not exactly the smartest of things to do.

Then you have the water, none of it is drinkable.

Oh and you want to talk about knowing that the storm was coming? I guess these stranded people didn't know to get the fuck out of mother natures way, but the government is expected to magically flip switches and make everything better for dumb fucks who couldn't get a clue?

Thor is mightier than your wood shack.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
24 hours behind on information. FEMA is now there in force.

OK, how long has it been since the storm hit??? This was known to be coming, not like an earthquake or tornado with no warning.

To use kanye west's thought process -- obama doesn't care about Americans.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2374 posts)
"I have relatives on the other side of the Island there..... "

And yet you are here instead of there...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19436 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 57   End
TOPIC: Why Republicans Are Turning Their Chainsaws on FEMA