Whore Moans and Politics : Swingers Discussion 223604
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhore Moans and Politics
TOPIC: Whore Moans and Politics
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
I concur, a person is made up of their environment.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6877 posts)
I think the basic point is kind of obvious: Who we are and how we see things is determined by an incredibly complex array of factors, hormones (driven by lifestyle, genetics, environment etc) are also a factor. Our personalities can drive our thinking, and our thinking drives our politics.

Taking the testosterone thing a step further - from a animal standpoint, it makes sense that high-testosterone (and presumably bigger and stronger) males would favor a "you're on your own" outlook, since this puts them at an advantage over lower testosterone males. Everything else being equal, the bigger guy will win.

I'm not so sure about the cortisol thing.... some of the most stressed out people are big on politics...

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
While I'd seen a few articles recently which had bits and pieces of this, a Mother Jones (yes, Mother Jones) article I saw has published this. The basic point is that genetics and hormones can play a large part of where we sit on the political spectrum and how (if) we vote. C&P'd and edited for length with a few snarky comments from me.

Cortisol: "We are finding there are relationships between cortisol and not voting. Those people who don't vote are the people who tend to have fairly high cortisol levels. Because politics is pretty stressful." (I thought most non-voters were simply apathetic)

Testosterone. While direct research linking testosterone to ideology is lacking, researchers have recently published data tying muscle mass to political preferences. One study shows that rich men with large biceps are more opposed to wealth redistribution than rich men with small biceps. Another study finds that weightlifting ability correlates with support for, er, a more muscular foreign policy. Plus, get this: Men with wider faces (an indicator of testosterone levels) have been found to be more willing to outwardly express prejudicial beliefs than their thin-faced counterparts. (Note skinny Ron Paul)

Oxytocin: Often dubbed the "love hormone" because of its role in forging ties between lovers (and parents and children), oxytocin may also have a role in politics. A nasal spray containing oxytocin made research subjects more generous in sharing money with one another. But before you jump to the conclusion that oxytocin simply fuels generosity, consider another study, in which the hormone seemed to promote cooperation with your in-group or tribe, but quite the opposite with an outside group or tribe that threatens you.

Dopamine: This neurotransmitter shapes our need for pleasure, rewards, and novel sensations. Indeed, "sensation seeking" has been associated with particular dopamine receptors in the brain whose numbers vary, for genetic reasons, from individual to individual. A particular variant of the gene that codes for these receptors has, in turn, been associated with political liberalism; one study found that people who had the key gene variant in question were more likely to be political liberals.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Whore Moans and Politics