Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Who is Barack Obama
TOPIC: Who is Barack Obama
Created by: sappholovers
Original Starting post for this thread:
This thread is dedicated to presenting fair, wise, factual and celebratory opinions about Barack Obama. Criticism of him can certainly also be posted, but the criticism should be backed up with fact and evidence. Here fans of Obama can share impressions of his words and actions throughout Campaign 2008.

I'll start the thread with some words by Toni Morrison, a past winner of the Nobel Prize in literature, on Obama.

Dear Senator Obama,

This letter represents a first for me--a public endorsement of a Presidential candidate.

May I describe to you my thoughts?

.......In thinking carefully about the strengths of the candidates, I stunned myself when I came to the following conclusion: that in addition to keen intelligence, integrity and a rare authenticity, you exhibit something that has nothing to do with age, experience, race or gender and something I don't see in other candidates. That something is a creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom.....

When, I wondered, was the last time this country was guided by such a leader? Someone whose moral center was un-embargoed? Someone with courage instead of mere ambition? Someone who truly thinks of his country's citizens as "we," not "they"? Someone who understands what it will take to help America realize the virtues it fancies about itself, what it desperately needs to become in the world?

Our future is ripe, outrageously rich in its possibilities. Yet unleashing the glory of that future will require a difficult labor, and some may be so frightened of its birth they will refuse to abandon their nostalgia for the womb.

There have been a few prescient leaders in our past, but you are the man for this time.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 907   End
User Details are only visible to members.
He did kinda hint in his victory speech that "we" may not accomplish everything in one year or one "term". Seems like he's kinda taking a little insurance huh? I'm telling ya he has 4 years make good on his promises. Today America loves him, in 4 years America is going to be a loan shark looking for him to make good on his promises while holding a tire iron.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I just found something. For those of you who are upset at the 2008 elections, read these words well:

"I didn't vote for him, but he's my president and I hope he does a good job."

John Wayne speaking when hearing about the election of JFK in 1960.

That's how a true American should think about this election.

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(340 posts)
Regardless of who he is personally or politically, he is now the President Of The United States. I didn't vote for him or do I believe in his philosophy toward government. But he has a chance to prove me wrong, he has 4 years to show us that his way works. I'm not going to give him a lot of slack, because he made a lot of promises. I hope for the sake of the country I love, that he can keep them. If not he will answer, just like the republicans answered, to the American people in 2012. That being said, I am of course proud as a Black Man, but especially as an American. I've always liked the IDEA of a Barrack Obama as president, just not a fan of his Ideas. Hopefully this election will change the world in a significant way. The people have been thirsting for hope and a cure from cynicism for a very long time, Barrack found the message to quench that thirst. Now let's all give our new President the support, and if necessary the criticism, he needs to be the President this country needs right now. Congratulations Barrack Obama.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
"God Save America!"

he just did

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
congrats, you have just elected a non citizen, coward, commie America hating POTUS....God Save America!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Voting for Obama Not an Option for Informed Americans!

By John W. Lillpop

According to conventional wisdom (liberal propaganda) unless you vote for Barack Obama, you are a racist. In truth, you may not have a racist bone in your body, you may have worked for equality and basic human rights all of your life.

In fact, you may even be black yourself.

Pause for a moment of truth and clarity:

Not voting for Barack Obama is the patriotic duty of all who really care about America.

Consider these factors before voting for the man who would bring radical CHANGE that would destroy America:

1. Has no experience or accomplishments to his credit.

2. Believes that bankrupting industry is a legitimate function of government.

3. Believes that government should decide who has too much and who has too little wealth, and should be authorized to forcibly take assets from one citizen and give them to other citizens, to non-citizens, and even illegal aliens.

4. Was wrong about the Surge in Iraq.

5. History of associating with domestic terrorists, a racist pastor, Lewy Farrakhan, and corrupt business thugs.

6. Worked for ACORN and, as recently as this year, has given that voter-fraud group $800,000.00.

7. Endorsed by the likes of Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, the speaker of the Iranian parliament, and other avowed enemies of America.

8. Is a Marxist with dubious documentation to support his claim to be an U.S. citizen.

9. Used illegal drugs in his youth.

10. Would meet unconditionally with terrorist sponsoring nations like Iran.

11. Believes that terrorist groups like Hamas have "legitimate causes" and that U.S. policy is at least partially to blame for 9/11.

To liberals, none of the above matters because Barack Obama is black, and, according to the left, we Americans are morally obligated to elect a black man to atone for 250years of abuse.

Forget the fact that electing Barack Obama will bring great misery to the entire nation, including blacks, and may very well spell the end to the most prosperous and generous society in human history.

None of that matters because liberals and the mainstream media are unrelenting in preaching that a vote for anyone other than Barack Obama is racist.

With all due respect to those who believe such nonsense, I intend to vote for someone other than Obama. That decision is based on my belief that Obama is not the most qualified person running for the presidency.

The fact that Obama is an African-American is irrelevant. I believe that his policies are not what America needs at this time, and, given his ideological bent, I would not vote for Obama if he were white, yellow, red, brown, or a baffling mix of all of the above.

Obama's policies are simply wrong for America, regardless of his skin pigmentation!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Stop Hating!

K

Southaven MS
Username hidden
(1769 posts)
"new natioanl American language"

And we see Desty has adopted ebonic spelling...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
osamaobama annouces EBONICS as the new natioanl American language ...his black panther civilian security corps will be enforcing its use everywhere!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
WHO IS JOHN GALT? A CONTRIBUTOR TO COLLECTIVIST OBAMA'S CAMPAIGN, OF COURSE!~ UPDATE 11:58: SCREENSHOTS BELOW

UPDATE 11:08 pm: Washington Post reports Woman's Credit Card Charged $175,000 to Obama. This is a part of Obama's financial donating money laundering.

There is enormous amount of money being secreted into the Obama campaign from foreign sources. It is fairly safe to say these countries will be richly rewarded - Kenya, Indonesia but most of all - Obama will drop a load on the UN. Fosho.

The crooked, corrupt international one world global warmers have the largest stake in this election.

Back on August 14th, I wrote that Julia Gorin told me a funny story. About four months ago. Her husband's co-worker wanted to see what would happen if he tried giving a contribution to the Obama campaign via a credit card. He used his Macy's card. The system accepted it.

Name: John Galt

Address: 1957 Ayn Rand Lane

City: Galts Gulch

State: CO

Zip: 99999

Then I checked the box next to $15 and entered my actual credit card number and expiration date (it didn’t ask for the 3-didgit code on the back of the card) and it took me to the next page and… “Your donation has been processed. Thank you for your generous gift.”

This simply should not, and could not, happen in any business or any campaign that is honestly trying to vet it’s donors. Also, I don’t see how this could possibly happen without the collusion of the credit card companies. They simply wouldn’t allow any business to process, potentially, hundreds of millions in credit card transactions where the name on the card doesn’t match the purchasers name.

Not unless Obama's campaign is warehousing donations (held back) and any that fail or are rejected by the credit card companies or for any other reason are covered by illegal donations.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 907   End
TOPIC: Who is Barack Obama