White House Budget CUTS : Swingers Discussion 2183621092
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhite House Budget CUTS
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   92 to 101 of 147   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Damn what a surplus

California Deficit Swells to $16 Billion, Governor Says By Michael B. Marois - May 12, 2012 3:49 PM ET

California’s budget deficit has swelled to $16 billion after tax collections trailed projections amid the tepid economic recovery, Governor Jerry Brown said in a comment on his Twitter post. The shortfall has widened from the $9.2 billion Brown estimated in January, after lawmakers resisted the Democrat’s call for cost cuts, the federal government blocked other reductions and April income-tax revenue missed budget forecasts by $2 billion. On May 14, he’s set to unveil a revised spending plan and to say how he would erase the gap. Enlarge image California Governor Jerry Brown introduces his 2012-13 budget proposal at the State Capitol in Sacramento on Jan. 5, 2012. Photographer: Ken James/Bloomberg Brown, 74, set out an initial budget in January with $92.6 billion in spending for fiscal 2013, which begins in July. That plan stripped more than $4 billion from health and welfare programs while relying on higher income and sales taxes. The levy increases will go before voters in November. If rejected, schools will lose $4.8 billion midway through the year. “We are still recovering from the worst recession since the 1930s,” Brown said in a YouTube video cited on his Twitter post. “Tax receipts are coming lower than expected and the federal government and the courts have blocked us from making billions of necessary budget reductions. The result is that we are now facing a $16 billion deficit.” Brown this week submitted more than 1.5 million signatures to place the tax measure on the ballot. It would temporarily raise the state sales tax, already the highest in the U.S., to 7.5 percent from 7.25 percent. It would also boost rates on income starting at $250,000. The 10.3 percent levy on those making $1 million or more would rise to 13.3 percent, the most of any state.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Some of us don't have a WSJ subscription. I can only see --

"Gov. Jerry Brown called Thursday for California to practice fiscal discipline and use its newfound budget surplus to pay down debt and shore up reserves rather than to restore funds to social programs.

Speaking in his annual State of the State address, Mr. Brown emphasized the state must first plan for lean times. He resisted calls to re-establish spending that the state cut during the recent recession, which put California's finances on the brink.

"It's cruel to lead people on by expanding good programs only to ..."

dated Jan 24, 2013

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Ummmm....Justme...You really should check your facts before you spout nonsense

www . businessinsider. com/texas-budget-shortfall-2011-1

Cali has a surplus Texas has a deficit what's working?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Well that well known ultra left communist paper the WALL STREET JOURNAL of course !!!!! online. wsj. com/article/SB10001424127887323854904578262151687703248. html

Didn't I tell you guys a long time ago never to question a statement I make, because if I'm not sure I don't make it?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
pp: What communist paper are you getting you information from! The North Korean Peoples' Freedom Correctness News? My former great State of California is about to be completely bankrupt. Everything is falling apart. In this state the downward trend the last 15 years of reportable crime has suddenly and rapidly reversed; within the last year. We are now so broke we can't house criminals in our prisons or jails. Small time offenders are booked, held for just a couple of days and released. I think you would enjoy it here. For the first time in history more people are moving out than moving in.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
PP You are funny dude,,Cali surplus,,ROFLMMFAO@THAY 1,,Texas is in surplus they have more businesses relocating there because their taxes are lower,,Oh I dont think they are into the Unions quiet as much as Cali either.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4990 posts)
State deficit estimate hits $16 billion Surge from $9.2 billion in January means deeper, more painful cuts, Brown says. May 13, 2012|Chris Megerian and Anthony York

SACRAMENTO — California's projected budget deficit has ballooned to $16 billion, much larger than the $9.2 billion estimated in January, Gov. Jerry Brown said, and he warned of more painful spending cuts.

"We will have to go much further, and make cuts far greater, than I asked for at the beginning of the year," Brown said in a video posted Saturday on YouTube. He plans to detail his revised spending plan in the Capitol on Monday.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Actually...California has a surplus and Texas is still up to it's ass in debt....but never let facts ruin a good talk radio myth

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
House Speaker John Boehner, the nation's highest-ranking Catholic in the House of Representatives, declined an invitation today from President Obama to join the U.S. delegation to Pope Francis' papal investiture, while Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi unabashedly expressed her hope to attend the March 19 event. Following his meeting with House Republicans at the Capitol Wednesday afternoon, where the president was passed a note and broke the news to lawmakers that the College of Cardinals had chosen a new pope, Obama invited Boehner to join Vice President Joe Biden as part of the U.S. delegation attending the pope's inauguration, according to a senior aide to the speaker. "I am grateful for the invitation to attend the papal investiture in Rome with Vice President Biden, and would like to be able to join the trip. Unfortunately, my duties in the House next week - including hosting President Obama and the Prime Minister of Ireland at the Capitol on Tuesday, and the debate on the budget - make that impossible," Boehner wrote in a statement declining the invitation. "I wish the vice president all the best in his journey and hope he communicates the prayers and warm regards of every American, especially Catholics, to the first pope from the Americas." At a news conference today, a reporter asked Pelosi, the highest-ranking Catholic Democrat in the House, whether she is attending the Holy Mass in St. Peter's Square to inaugurate the pope next Tuesday. "I hope so," Pelosi answered. "Have you been invited?" the reporter pressed. "I hope so," Pelosi repeated with a chuckle, indicating she is still waiting on a presidential invitation. "Stay tuned, and I'll let you know if … I'm going and when." President Obama meets with the House Democratic Caucus at 2:15 p.m. today, so perhaps Pelosi is hoping for good news from the president then. Pelosi expressed her "insatiable appetite" for every detail reported on the historical event, and she recounted how she absorbed the developments on TV as the news unfolded. "You're always looking for signs. But when the bird was on the - did you see this? That there was a bird, a seagull on the chimney for like 40 minutes before the white smoke came," Pelosi said in disbelief. "St. Francis has always been surrounded by birds. We're reading a great deal into the symbolism of that." She praised the pope's name choice, Francis, after St. Francis of Assisi, who also was the inspiration for the name of her home city, San Francisco. "It's pretty exciting that we have a pope. Habemus papam!" Pelosi said. "As a San Franciscan, I'm particularly happy at the name that the pope has chosen, Francis." "St. Francis of Assisi cared for all of God's creation," she continued. "Today it appears that St. Francis of Assisi is the namesake of our new pope. Pretty exciting. "In our city, 'The Song of St. Francis' is our anthem … where there is darkness, may we bring light; despair, may we bring hope; hatred, may we bring love; to forgive so that we can be forgiven," Pelosi said. "It's very exciting. I'm just so thrilled."

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Off topic but good for a laugh

California versus Texas: One is pro-business and pro-growth and the other…well…not!

California coyote problem

The governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the governor’s dog, then bites the governor. The governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie Bambi and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.

He calls animal control. Animal control captures the coyote and bills the state $200 for testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it. He calls a veterinarian.

The vet collects the dead dog and bills the state $200 for testing it for diseases. The governor goes to the hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and getting his bite wound bandaged. The running trail gets shut down for six months while the California Fish and Game Department conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.

The governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a ‘coyote awareness program’ for residents of the area. The Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world. The governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The state spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training, re: the nature of coyotes.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million suit against the state. Texas coyote solution The governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and tries to attack him and his dog. The governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol and keeps jogging.

The governor spent 50 cents on a .380-caliber, hollow-point cartridge. Buzzards ate the dead coyote.

And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   92 to 101 of 147   End
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS