White House Budget CUTS : Swingers Discussion 2183621082
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhite House Budget CUTS
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   82 to 91 of 147   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That politifact analysis is from Sept. 2010. You keep posting very out of date citations.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19866 posts)
It also turns out Texas' cycle is one year off of Cali's. It's not 2013-2014, but it's 2012-2013. We're less than 6 months from the end of that 2 year cycle and all indications at this point more than 3/4 through is a big surplus. Even the Democrats in the state legislature know it and estimate the surplus as $8 billion.

So projections 10 weeks into a 104-week cycle with no feedback on how it's working out so far are equally comparable to one that's 82 weeks in with one full tax year in the can that showed a surplus? Ooook.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19866 posts)
Actually Poli fact lists the claim of a Texas surplus as " mostly false" Like I said I'll check out the details when I land

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
On my phone. I missed your links. I'll look when I get to my pc

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"Texas has a "projected" deficit "

So you're just ignoring the citations I gave you?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19866 posts)
All surpluses and deficits are projected. They are all also calculated by the same means Bottom line. Cali has a "projected" surplus Texas has a "projected" deficit Apples and apples

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
It's really dicey to base the prospects of a surplus on anticipated increased revenues from tax increases and then calling the result a surplus before anything's even happened yet.

The Feds have a - what is it now, $1 trillion deficit? OK easy solution - a $3,225 tax on every American, regardless of age. I'll pass the law now and instantly project a balanced budget. It'll work, right?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19866 posts)
You cited a source that *projects* a surplus. The projection includes the (always wrong) assumption that tax revenues will be in line with what is projected, which is based on a static model, which is highly flawed.

I'm not saying they won't have one. I'm saying at this point, it's a 2-year budget (similar to Texas) running from 2013-2014 with a projected surplus. The projection you posted was made weeks into 2013. To project a surplus based on this 94 weeks out is a little imperfect.

Texas' surplus is also projected out to 2014, although the projections believe that Texas is already in a surplus situation.

news.yahoo.co m/surplus-wont-lessen-2013-texas-144955549.html

w ww.bloomberg.co m/news/2013-01-07/texas-starts-budget-debate-flush-with-energy-boom-cash.html

w ww.nytimes.co m/2013/01/09/us/texas-budget-surplus-proves-as-contentious-as-a-previous-shortfall.html?_r=1&

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19866 posts)
Vabeach. I already cited a source that Cali has a surplus. Let's see one that shows Tecas does as we'll. Happy googling

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Well, the Texas budget story is more than 2 years old.

For this year, their legislative Democrats are fighting about what to do with the surplus.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19866 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   82 to 91 of 147   End
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS