White House Budget CUTS : Swingers Discussion 2183621071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhite House Budget CUTS
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   71 to 80 of 145   End
User Details are only visible to members.
OK well I learned something here...

Prop 30 was a *retroactive (to Jan. 1, 2012) tax*. I figured nobody would be enough of an asshole to retroactively increase taxes so I thought Prop 30 didn't kick in until Jan. of this year.

The notion of a retroactive tax is disgusting. How can you possibly justify modifying taxes on things that have already happened?

Why not raise it retroactive to Jan. 1, 2000? You'd get a shit ton of money that way.

I am aghast that this is considered acceptable.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17610 posts)
Turns out the forecast is not going well so far....

California reported THREE DAYS AGO that revenues are coming in lower than forecast.

Forecast February 2013 Revenues: $3.963 billion Actual February 2013 Revenues: $3.641 billion (a $322 million error - for one month)

The biggest loser by far was the personal income tax, raised in January 2013, which promised to bring in more money. Instead of the $2.072 billion forecast, only $1.643 billion came in. This is more than a 20% error just 60 days after the budget began. Sales, corporate and insurance taxes came in a little higher to make up for $100 million of the $429 million error in the personal income tax.

What right-wing nutjob published this bullshit?

The California Department of Finance.

w ww.dof.ca.gov/finance_bulletins/2013/march/

btw those numbers for "Year to date" are for the preceding 12 months, 10 of which are not part of this budget. They are simply revenue projections, which came in higher than forecast, but the extra was entirely from January (see below).

On the same site the California government appears stymied as to why they brought in 50% more revenue in January than forecast. They suggest it's because of their tax increases, and surmised that everyone just decided to pay all their extra 2013 taxes in January.

Who the fuck is running this show? Seriously? We're expected to believe state revenues nearly doubled overnight for one month and everyone decided to pay their 2013 taxes in January 2013? How can that much of a change happen and a state government not have any clue as to why?!?!?

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17610 posts)
Dude -

You're simply making stuff up at this point. You can't find any citations since 2011 (a different 2-year budget cycle) to support your argument that Texas is basically faking it and doesn't actually have a surplus, yet a 10-week old 2-year California budget with no actual data to support it is a "real" surplus?

Oh well. Not much I can do I guess. I'm sure you'll spend your next 2 dozens posts calling me "butthurt" or something. What a waste....

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17610 posts)
Yupp...those pesky facts! LOL>..what a dope

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
VaB, you are only wasting your time with pp. He will only post what will make himself look right.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Nothings has changed, and if anything it has gotten worse in Texas One off cuts, spending freezes and showing a balance sheet with imaginary funds which have in actuality already been spend in the face of a muti billion dollar deficit does not equal a surplus...Not in Texas, Not in Indiana, Not in Wisconsin and not in any of the other handful of states that have tried this creative (bullshit) accounting Oh...did I mention....Take away the federal stimulus money and medicaid reimbursements, and Perry's deficit is even bigger

Cali on the other hand...has an actual surplus

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
The source of your article is July 2011.

When are you going to stop posting citations that are 2 years old?

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17610 posts)
This pretty much sums it up.....You can't claim you have a fund you have no access to and is on paper, non existant...but then again Perry is a semi literate douche nozzle and habitual liar...so no big surprise there

The planned state budget deficit for 2013 comes to $7.1 billion. How did we arrive at this number? There’s no complicated chart or formula (simple math at work here). A $2.3 billion payment deferral to the Foundation School Program + an underfunded Medicaid caseload growth estimated at $4.8 billion = a $7.1 billion budget deficit. The pure, unvarnished truth is – the Rainy Day Fund is spent!

The numbers we use for the minimum expected shortfall for 2013 have been verified by statewide conservative organizations and confirmed by our own research. The only way the Rainy Day Fund is not tapped in 2013 for this planned deficit will be the convergence of several miracles. The Medicaid/Health & Human Services caseload growth will have to drop precipitously and state revenues will have to exceed projections. We don’t see either of those two things coming to pass. So while we appreciate no increase in state taxes, state government remains anti-taxpayer because it still plans to spend way more than it takes in, and the way the state funds public education helps drive up local property taxes. This is unsustainable.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Actually no...Poli fact downgraded it from barely true to mostly false That POS Perry tried the same ruse as they did in Indiana.....by freezing revenue in a lock box against a deficit and claiming the difference is a "surplus" It's like a household having 10K in a CD locked for 10 years, spending more then they take in year after year, and claiming that 10K they have no access to offsets the deficit...meanwhile, Indiana and Texas are both crumbling shit h oles because there is no money for infrastructure, education, or job training

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
That politifact analysis is from Sept. 2010. You keep posting very out of date citations.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17610 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   71 to 80 of 145   End
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS