White House Budget CUTS : Swingers Discussion 2183621031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhite House Budget CUTS
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 147   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Just as it's surprising that we need to sequester 100+ rooms to cover a VP visit to France, you might be surprised how much it costs to open the White House to visitors. Security, mostly.

I couldn't find any source for the numbers you posted, other than some wacko far-right blogs. It may have credibility, or it may be like Michelle Bachmann's hysteria over bogus expense claims from India. Not worth my $.002 to either find out or get disturbed over.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Va:

Do we know that Biden wasn't meeting with someone we didn't trust to bring onto our embassies?

Because of security considerations, they had to buy up the floor above and below bidens, to include all of the rooms on the same floor.

This is the cost of being top dog of the world... Don't like it? Nor do I but this is the price we pay.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7264 posts)
Outdoor:

My only point was that it seems silly that we're interested in cutting out White House tours to save a few thousand dollars a week, but gobbling up almost 1,000 room-nights at $500 a night for a stopover in London isn't something we can't do *something* about?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18831 posts)
The very fact that we used TCN's were the waste. My unit could have constructed the building in half the time and five times the quality.

The entire TCN program was to pump money into the local economy through companies like GE or other, who were paid insane sums to do jobs which the military use to do for fractions the cost.

TCN= third country national.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7264 posts)
Well at least you learned something.And did not waste to much of our tax money training you.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

"Robert "counting steps" Did you just watch The Green Berets with John Wayne?"

Nope. John wayne was never an actor I follow.

I was trained to watch for step counting by the US AF and the US army just before my deployment. Why? Because the insurgents were actually using these methods. They would count the steps between known points each day and start fresh from the last day and place it down onto home made maps that they would construct and hide in their clothing, scraps of paper in their lunch containers, ect.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7264 posts)
Robert "counting steps" Did you just watch The Green Berets with John Wayne?

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
There are other security considerations, namely if bidan had to meet with our enemies in secret. A hotel makes this easier to do.

Why couldn't they just meet in the embassy? Because allowing terrorist there or others who you don't trust could compermize sercurity by way of the persons you bring into the embassy having first hand sight of your buildings, locked doors with key pads, camera placement, guards, vehicles, guns, and distances.

While watching TCN's, (third country nationals.) We had to watch them to determine if they were counting steps from one point to another. This allows them to guestamate distances and could allow them to do the math on how to launch an attack and where to go.

It all sounds like fantasy and a poorly written mission impossible plot, but it is also what is done and considerations which are taken into account.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7264 posts)
VA:

You do realize that terrorist would blow up the rooms next to him in order to kill him?

As such, you have to create a perimeter which other guest couldn't just enter. The easiest way to do this is to buy up all of the rooms.

Now I will admit that given these security risk and requirements, he and other leaders ought to be staying in the embassy so to reduce the cost.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7264 posts)
This is almost 2/10 of a cent out of my pocket! .2 cents here, .2 cents there,... pretty soon it's a nickel.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 147   End
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS