White House Budget CUTS : Swingers Discussion 2183621021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhite House Budget CUTS
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 147   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Dammit VAB, if you don't know what the definition of "is" is, you will never understand that if Obama says so it "is" what it "is".

:-D)))

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
"How is the Administration, or any part of Govt, supposed to cover up the effect of massive budget cuts?"

We've been over this with cold hard numbers. It's only a cut to how much things are increasing by. The overall budget is still increased. It's not a massive budget cut. It's not a medium budget cut. It's not a small budget cut. It's not a tiny budget cut. It's not a budget cut.

We've been over this. If my 2013 household budget is $100 (a deliberately small number to keep the math easy) and I'm thinking 2014 should be $200, would you say that actually spending $120 for 2014 is a "cut"? What if I said 2015 should be $2 million? Then ANYTHING less is a "cut", even if you massively ramp up spending.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
I would likely still pack my lunch if I eanred 60-100k a year. 1 hard plastic bowl 1 metal spoon 1 can of progresso soup 1 pack of crackers

Lunch is served, cold or hot. (hot taste better)

As for playing politics. What do you think the government is? A business? Of course Obama is playing politics and I won't fault him for it. The republicans are being unreasonable, they answer to masters who have failed to share their wealth and created a welfare class of worker who the government must subsadize... It is only fair to tax the wealthy who profit from the welfare state they the wealthy created.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7252 posts)
"If Biden's hotel stay isn't news, why is cutting out White House tours?"

Most likely because one is business as usual, and the other is a loss of something. You might say it cost you $40 to fill your gas tank, and I'll think, "about normal" about that.

If you said your tire went flat because you couldn't afford new ones, that would be something.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
VB, once again Google turns up page after page of right wing nut blogs repeating the story. No actual quote from Debbie W-S, no complete menu, just what looks to me like a whinefest.

How is the Administration, or any part of Govt, supposed to cover up the effect of massive budget cuts? Is that their prime directive ? -- to keep the public from knowing what's going down?

A million dollars might be better spent keeping firemen on the job than by giving White House tours. WTF is a "sliced bread sandwich" for $5 ?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Hmm, the ABC News blog links to a Weekly Standard article. That looks to me like a right wing nuthouse.

Not singling you out, VB, but going out on a limb and surmising that the whiners who don't think a Biden trip should have so much security are the same idiots who have been melting down over lack of security in Benghazi last year.

Whiners will whine -- it's what they do well. Rush Limbaugh gets paid well for doing nothing but whine.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
If Biden's hotel stay isn't news, why is cutting out White House tours?

ABC news is a far-right blogger? I also found it on MSN money and many other "normal" sites.

*sigh* oh well. If you think my message here is "Obama/Democrats suck", you have read it wrong, or you're thinking that my message is simply the mirror image of yours.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
It could be just cherry picking as usual by right wing bloggers and etc. In the real news world, this isn't real news.

Given that the far right WILL blame Obama for Everything, it's no surprise that an angle will be found regarding sequester cuts. Republicans do the worst job that politicians could possibly do, and when they look bad, it's time to blame the other side.

Nothing new there.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Meanwhile, good ol' Debbie Wasserman Schultz says.. well, you tell me what she's saying.

Restaurants on the House side of Congress are increasing in cost so much that aides are being “priced out” of a good meal.

An 8-ounce bowl of Ham and Bean soup at the Cannon Office Building’s carry-out café costs $2. A gourmet wrap or sliced bread sandwich sells for about $5. And in the Longworth Building’s sit-down cafeteria, a serving of stuffed chicken, asparagus and mashed potatoes sells for about $7.

The salaries of her staffers range from $60,000 to $160,000 a year. What a twit.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
Is ABC news good enough?

abcnews.go.c om/blogs/politics/2013/03/hotel-contracts-for-biden-trip-to-london-paris-totaled-1-million/

Or the Federal Budget Office

htt ps://ww w.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=3d47ac64ca9e991844815680e18e454f&tab=core&tabmode=list

Htt ps://ww w.fbo.gov/?tab=documents&tabmode=form&subtab=core&tabid=04bc91877680f3a095a0ab59f46c055b As for White House tours, I wouldn't be surprised at all. The White House has published those numbers. It's $18,000 a week. If the White House is open 50 weeks a year, that's about $900,000. Look, neither of these numbers are big in "The Grand Scheme of Things", although security for tours of the entire White House for $900k a year seems like a better deal than $900k for two hotel stays for Biden.

My point was that the "sequester cuts" are purposefully being directed at highly visible things such as White House tours to play politics with the whole thing. The idea that we have to hack out everything from meat inspectors to army training while doing absolutely nothing about rather absurd hotel charges is.... what's the right word?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 147   End
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS