White House Budget CUTS : Swingers Discussion 218362
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhite House Budget CUTS
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS
Created by: rdy2playwu The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 145   End
User Details are only visible to members.
So the 'sequester' has left the TSA with no money, and that's why we have to wait in line at airports....

The NY Times reports....

The Transportation Security Administration’s Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response squads — VIPR teams for short — are assigned to perform random security sweeps to prevent terrorist attacks at transportation hubs across the United States.

The agency best known for airport foreplay has vastly expanded its reach to sporting events, music festivals, rodeos, highway weigh stations and train terminals.

T.S.A. and local law enforcement officials say the teams are a critical component of the nation’s counterterrorism efforts, but some members of Congress, auditors at the Department of Homeland Security and civil liberties groups are sounding alarms. The teams are also raising hackles among passengers who call them unnecessary and intrusive.

“Our mandate is to provide security and counterterrorism operations for all high-risk transportation targets, not just airports and aviation,” said John S. Pistole, the administrator of the agency. “The VIPR teams are a big part of that.”

The program now has a $100 million annual budget and is growing rapidly, increasing to several hundred people and 37 teams last year, up from 10 teams in 2008. T.S.A. records show that the teams ran more than 8,800 unannounced checkpoints and search operations with local law enforcement outside of airports last year, including those at the Indianapolis 500 and the Democratic and Republican national political conventions.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
obama and biden don't care,they are living high on the hog.and we are paying for it.......BS

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
VP Biden's $321,665 Limo Bill...

Although CNN did not link to the document, the notice of the contract award for the limousine service was posted on the same government website as the hotel contracts.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
60k for that? lol... Someone ripped the government a new one.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6880 posts)
back in the 70s they spent one million dollars making a pen to write in space.the russians used a pencil..10cents.and we wonder why the goverment spends so much.

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
$60,000.

It was actually from 2010. It's nothing serious, I just found it ridiculous.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
Actually all of that wouldn't cost more than 5k USD.

2k for the programs, 1k for the computer and and another 2 k for sound editing and green screen rooms. Technically speaking, with about 100 USD worth of lumber, you could make a green screen set and super impose the 3d set overtop of it.

Except for the compositing program, I could do everything in this commersial myself with what I have in my house right now. (to include filming... Lights would require some money to rent)

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6880 posts)
Apparently, the IRS has extra money to produce Star Trek parodies about chaos on planet NoTax. The NoTaxions have ruined their civilization!

w ww.youtube.c om/watch?v=VxU6n4pAnrU

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
Mark:

"Robert: You lie. I figured out what your dad does. He works as a technician for his reserve unit. Which is a pretty cushy job."

Obviously you haven't served in the last 10 years.

"And a job he would not have taken if his time in the reserves was as horrible as you state."

Or he was that desperate for good paying work. Nothing useable outside the military.

"In my reserve career I have seen many a reservist covet those jobs. The pay is good and you do have full federal benefits."

Yes you do, thus why he took the job... Crushing debt caused by saving my mothers life with seeking medical care without health insurance gave my father no alternative.

This is why unlike my father, I won't start a family without a usable set of skills that can be used anywhere in the world. (I learned from both of our mistakes)

"You are also building two federal retirements. Your military reserve retirement and your GS retirement. Which means your dad will possibly be making more money when he retires than he does working."

Sadly no. He is being forced to accept medical retirement and will lose his GS job before his twenty years on the job.

The only good news is that my mother retains insurance through his medical from being retired on a medical issue relating to the war.

We are still fighting to get him his 100% disability through the VA. Our (the Va and other) math shows that my father will only make 2/3-4/5 of what he earned last year.

We'll survive, hopefully someone picks up one of my books... 

Would be nice to get the money from reserving the rights to the book as a movie. (where the money is for the other 99% of writers... Not the actual movies but endless limbo of being paid royalties for the rights to make your book into a movie)

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6880 posts)
if everybody work for the goverment I wonder how great benfits would be,and who would be at the top and who would be at the botttoomm....BS

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 145   End
TOPIC: White House Budget CUTS