What is your opinion on the food policy of the US and major food groups : Swingers Discussion 224544
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhat is your opinion on the food policy of the US and major food groups
TOPIC: What is your opinion on the food policy of the US and major food groups
Created by: sa_interracialcpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
Do you even care that it should or should not be regulated?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 38   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Then again, people in my circles also eat raw shellfish ...so there's that

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
I never boil shrimp. I grill it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19437 posts)
No disrespect guys, but in my world, you serve shrimp that have been boiled for 2 minutes, whoever you serve it to is going to ask if you have any chicken. WAY overcooked for people in my circles.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Ive had no problem with the 2 minute time,But I also use liquid boil and that helps the seasoning get into the shell.I also boil with the heads on for flavor. Im going pick up some 9-12s tomorrow for grilling stuffed with cream cheese crab meat and wrapped in Bacon,,,Talk about C'est Sa Cebon

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4931 posts)
I have found that no matter if they're fresh or frozen peeled or un peeled the return to boil method is foolproof. There is nothing worse then over cooked stringy shrimp don't forget no matter how fast you get to shock them in ice or cold water they're still going to continue to cook till you get them there.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
I ice the shrimps too, if you don't, they overcook :).

I get the 10 or less for stuffing. 11-15 for cocktail 16-20 for shrimp cakes 31-35 for shrimp salad

And my all time favorite shrimp, are Patagonian. Probably the absolute best tasting shrimp that I ever tasted. The only shrimp that I know, which you can cook without any spices and still lick your fingers, because it's so friggin' good.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16453 posts)
"let them boil 2 minutes,,Take them out,"

I don't take them out just then. I dump a bag of ice in the pot to stop the cooking, and let them stand for about 10 minutes to absorb more of the seasonings. Two or three minutes just isn't enough time for shrimp in the shell to really absorb the flavors I want.

As for shrimp size, you couldn't pay me to boil 50-60 count shrimp. I pretty much won't do it if I can't find fresh 16-20 or 21-25. Yesterday I had to use 10-15, which is bigger than i like, because all the preferred sizes have played out. But the ones I did get were right off the boat and the kids loved them.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Sounds good fun,,I know from someone who helped me,,Every time I drop the shrimp in when the water is boiling hard let them boil 2 minutes,,Take them out,,No matter if they 10-15s or even 50-60s they peel easy every time. So far this year since we opened our little place we have boiled I guess couple hundred orders and they have all come out perfect.

Mickey

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4931 posts)
"All you 2 do is argue over the most stupid shit. Oh let me know if you ever want to really know how to boil shrimp."

As much as I hate to agree with Mickey, he's correct about part of that. Arguments have devolved into some pretty stupid stuff.

As for boiling shrimp, people can argue about that forever. Everyone has their favorite way to do it. And Mickey, the boil I did yesterday for about a dozen peeps might just have been my best effort ever. I've finally gotten the timing right for when to add the different things like corn, potatoes, onion, mushrooms, and sausage, before adding the shrimp.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Yes you flea bitten illiterate toothless hillbilly...a bay leaf

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 38   End
TOPIC: What is your opinion on the food policy of the US and major food groups