What is the definition of victory in Iraq : Swingers Discussion 752181051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhat is the definition of victory in Iraq
TOPIC: What is the definition of victory in Iraq
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   51 to 53 of 53 
User Details are only visible to members.
yes i certainly think it is impossible to declare a victory in the global war on terror that is why i specifically left that out of the post and concentrated on the war in iraq. i also agree that this current iraqi government may never stand on its own. the difference with korea was that at least there was an real "enemy" on the other side to negotiate with.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
DZZ, would depend on who you ask. The group we are fighting against are a very determined people. I don't know that the Iraqi Government will ever stand alone without a foreign (ie...US) presence. (Note: South Korea, been their to keep "peace" since 1951) Due to their determination, I unfortunately don't believe we can ever outright win the GWOT, however, I do believe that with accurate and timely intelligence we can keep it in check.

The one thing that the terrorist don't want to do is to re-unite the US people. By fighting us on foreign soils, they are doing a good job at dividing us. Don't believe it, just read some of the post in the forums. If they come back to the US and attack, the divided will become the re-united, flags will be on every vehicle, and there will be a loud roar again for a good ole US ass woopin of whoever was involved.

Just my opinion

Four Oaks NC
Username hidden
(43 posts)
In reading posts in other forums about the current war in Iraq I saw many posts about continuing the mission, winning the war, that we must obtain victory or that we cannot fail as it would only strengthen our enemies...

I began to wonder about the war in iraq and I am interested in how you would define victory in Iraq. At what point will we have won and the war in Iraq be over?

This post is not a commentary on the reasons for going to war or quitting the mission so to speak. more particulary it is simply, how do u measure victory now?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   51 to 53 of 53 
TOPIC: What is the definition of victory in Iraq