What is the definition of victory in Iraq : Swingers Discussion 752181031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhat is the definition of victory in Iraq
TOPIC: What is the definition of victory in Iraq
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 53   End
User Details are only visible to members.
well it was not really a change in original question. i assume that once u have victory you get out so to speak. so when i wrote the more interesting question to me was how to get out that was just a different way of expressing the op. i was also drunk last nite!!

and i do believe u can separate it. once u are in a war, the reasons for going are different than what constitutes victory because i believe as has been outlined below (see akron's post) the main reasons to go were to remove a dictator, determine status of WMDs, set up a government, etc....arguably those things were all accomplished.

38 says..it's about removing those individuals, groups and govts that provide financial and logistical support to radical islamics..

it was posts like that which interested me in asking... how do u determine when that is done? does not that creat a scenerio where u can never leave?

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
well i thought the question of why we attacked iraq was something was too politicized.. we are already in the game so to speak. the more interesting question to me is to how to get out..

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Heard it before. Didn't suffice then either. Those sort of distortions of truth and outright lies are the primary reason the neocons are are losing their foothold of power in this country. You can only pee on the populace so long before they object and start peeing on you.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"If any liberal can explain to me how they can keep us from going back into Iraq if we leave tomorrow, I would like to hear it...."

I will take up that challenge just as soon as one of you neocons adequately explains why we invaded the sovereign country of Iraq *this* time. If we have to "go back in" at some future date I imagine it will be under equally as illegitimate circumstances as it was this time.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
But it's simple, so simple. We leave now, then we will have to go back in later.

If any liberal can explain to me how they can keep us from going back into Iraq if we leave tomorrow, I would like to hear it....

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Isn't it funny that there were so many people screaming that this war was all about the oil in the begining, and the neocons would all step up and harangue that it wasn't.

And now that all of the lies have been laid bare (WMDs, freedom for Iraqis, "we'll stand down when they stand up" etc.) it's pretty clear that the war was about the oil all the time. And the neocons are so beaten at this point that they no longer even try to dispute it.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
So we have already lost? BS and JNM no shit? LOL

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Excellant!!!!!!! LOL And if techie wants to delete a post so be it. Must have been very juicy there JNM....

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
I have arrived at the conclusion that Iraq is like a barbed arrow that we can't afford to rip out. We have to transition out of Iraq on our own terms. We must first have a leader to establish those terms clearly to the American people, without making it look like conditions or a time table. That is the tricky part. People are willing to support this war so long as they know that it won't last forever or that there is a competent strategy in place to succeed.

Looking at the current field of Presidential Candidates, I see Hilary as being a weather vane who turns in different directions according to public opinion. I see Obama as being someone who would be more like a Liberal George Bush, now let me explain that. He has very little experience in government let alone in a position of leadership. He seems to make people feel good, yet no one can really explain his positions. He is the darling of the democratic party, much like Bush was during the 2000 primaries. He seems to have a inexperienced quality about him that will make who he hires as his chief advisers a good indication of what kind foreign and domestic policy he will adopt. I see Obama as someone who can easily be manipulated by more experienced world leaders who call themselves our allies. Gullianni may make a decent president, but I would really like to see Mccain win it. A war vet. A veteran senator. A true Bi-partison. And someone who can make tough decisions and even take un-popular decisions and still command a great deal of respect from his Critics.

Basically I will define victory in Iraq by the Leadership of this country starting in 2008. The current Administration appears to be unable to resolve this war before the end of Bush's term. Victory or defeat will depend on 08'.

Sorry I'd been gone for a while guys, AI season has begun and I have to spar in the AI Forums with the most vicious of posters on the internet........teenagers........

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
STFU nut.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 53   End
TOPIC: What is the definition of victory in Iraq