What do we need to add to the Law : Swingers Discussion 2151241051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhat do we need to add to the Law
TOPIC: What do we need to add to the Law
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   51 to 55 of 55 
User Details are only visible to members.
I have been reading some of the post here about the countries gun issues and as a Connecticut resident close to Sandy Hook, Newtown who was able to tune in to CNN the day of the shooting and see a good friends wife in tears on TV . I will never forget that day for the rest of my life , I will never forget the name and face of the first innocent victim I saw on TV. Well here in CT , The STATE OF CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY's application to purchase a firearm clearly ask's if you are under the influence of a controlled substance , convicted of a felony and if you have a mental illness. Its a simple check the yes or no box.

I belive the State does the background check weeks later you pick up your rifle or shotgun. Purchases of pistol's require a 8 hour course , fingerprinting and a few month's of waiting for the state to process your concealed carry permit.

How thorough is this background check?? I am sure if your a felon the State can look you up , but if your under psychiatric care care who knows about it ?? Your Doctor !

Very simple solution is to have a data base of those people under care and most likely on some type of meads that would give the State a RED FLAG and and hopefully would investigate further.

Does the Doctor / patient confidentiality rule come it into affect ? Oh I bet it does and changing that law would take to much time for the State.

Even if the State did this , It would have not changed what happened that day.

Connecticut does have a Assault Weapons ban in effect , the rifle used in this tragedy is most likely considered a SPORTING RIFLE buy the State of CT.

As a gun owner I do belive there can be some more done to keep firearms out of the wrong hands!!

Danbury CT
Username hidden
(66 posts)
Oh, it's just a Federal Database. Nobody will ever use it in a malicious way. :-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
Bobby won't like that...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
I'm thinking we need reporting of all people seeing psychiatrists, and all those taking medicine for mental illness to be reported to the FBI so the information can be included in NICS background checks.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
* Under federal law:

• It is illegal and punishable by up to 10 years in prison for the following people to receive, possess, or transport any firearm or ammunition:

someone convicted of or under indictment for a felony punishable by more than one year in prison, someone convicted of a misdemeanor punishable by more than two years in prison, a fugitive from justice, an unlawful user of any controlled substance, someone who has been ruled as mentally defective or has been committed to any mental institution, an illegal alien, someone dishonorably discharged from the military, someone who has renounced his or her U.S. citizenship, someone subject to certain restraining orders, or someone convicted of a domestic violence misdemeanor.[57] [58] [59] [60]

• It is illegal and punishable by up to 10 years in prison to sell or transfer any firearm or ammunition to someone while "knowing" or having "reasonable cause to believe" this person falls into any of the prohibited categories listed above.[61] [62]

• It is illegal to "engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms" without a federal license to do so.[63] [64] [65]

• It is illegal for any federally licensed firearms business to sell or transfer any firearm without first conducting a background check to see if the buyer/recipient falls into any of the prohibited categories listed above.[66] [67]

• It is illegal for anyone except a federally licensed firearms business to sell, buy, trade, or transfer a firearm across state lines.[68]

* Under federal law, private individuals are not required to a conduct a background check before selling or transferring a firearm to someone who lives in the same state, but it is illegal and punishable by up to 10 years in prison for a private individual to sell or transfer a firearm while "knowing" or having "reasonable cause to believe" that the recipient falls into one of the prohibited categories above.[69] [70]

* Some states such as California require background checks for all firearms transactions, including those conducted between private individuals.[71] [72] [73]

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   51 to 55 of 55 
TOPIC: What do we need to add to the Law