Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics What do we need to add to the Law
TOPIC: What do we need to add to the Law
Created by: perfectmatch69
Original Starting post for this thread:
* Under federal law:

• It is illegal and punishable by up to 10 years in prison for the following people to receive, possess, or transport any firearm or ammunition:

someone convicted of or under indictment for a felony punishable by more than one year in prison, someone convicted of a misdemeanor punishable by more than two years in prison, a fugitive from justice, an unlawful user of any controlled substance, someone who has been ruled as mentally defective or has been committed to any mental institution, an illegal alien, someone dishonorably discharged from the military, someone who has renounced his or her U.S. citizenship, someone subject to certain restraining orders, or someone convicted of a domestic violence misdemeanor.[57] [58] [59] [60]

• It is illegal and punishable by up to 10 years in prison to sell or transfer any firearm or ammunition to someone while "knowing" or having "reasonable cause to believe" this person falls into any of the prohibited categories listed above.[61] [62]

• It is illegal to "engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms" without a federal license to do so.[63] [64] [65]

• It is illegal for any federally licensed firearms business to sell or transfer any firearm without first conducting a background check to see if the buyer/recipient falls into any of the prohibited categories listed above.[66] [67]

• It is illegal for anyone except a federally licensed firearms business to sell, buy, trade, or transfer a firearm across state lines.[68]

* Under federal law, private individuals are not required to a conduct a background check before selling or transferring a firearm to someone who lives in the same state, but it is illegal and punishable by up to 10 years in prison for a private individual to sell or transfer a firearm while "knowing" or having "reasonable cause to believe" that the recipient falls into one of the prohibited categories above.[69] [70]

* Some states such as California require background checks for all firearms transactions, including those conducted between private individuals.[71] [72] [73]

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 55   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Magazine made on 3D printer.

youtube.co m/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q10Jz2qIog8

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Here is what is going to happen, or at least what I'm thinking will happen.

NY will pass it all, with ease. In about a year to two years, the government will use NYS as a model to do the same for the entire country.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17265 posts)
thanks, We had talked about it before we built , But this has pushed my hand.

I feel bad for leaving to a degree, but I have many freinds who have emigrated across the border in the past 10 years for the tax savings alone. @ 4800 a year. My current insurance agent tells me my policy there ( auto ) will save me @ 10k a year, Again it was this weapons bill that told me to go, so we are.

Besides , I can still work in NY if I want . I would just have to let my accountant figure it all out at the end of the year.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9727 posts)
Looking

Glad to have you in PA

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
Maybe when all the conservatives leave NYS, the all of the libtards can be shipped there so they can live in peace and harmony together.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
I will Do what NYS wants, I will take my retirement payments and go to another state to spend my money.

we staye din Ny for many reasons but one of the main factors was I felt a sense of duty to support through taxes we paid through patronage to the state.

Well Now I will be like every other slug in the State, I will take my pension, which by the way is NYS tax free....

They helped me make a decision I was hesitant to do.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9727 posts)
Thus Why we are buying property in Pa, Awaiting a clsoing Now. I saw the writing on the wall last month.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9727 posts)
The New York gun control provisions passed by the Senate late Monday and being considered by the Assembly on Tuesday cover several fronts. Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the proposals would:

1 Further restrict assault weapons to define them by a single feature, such as a pistol grip. Current law requires two features.

2 Make the unsafe storage of assault weapons a misdemeanor.

3 Mandate a police registry of assault weapons.

4 Establish a state registry for all private sales, with a background check done through a licensed dealer for a fee, excluding sales to immediate relatives.

5 Require a thera pist who believes a mental health patient made a credible threat to use a gun illegally to report the threat to a mental health director who would then have to report serious threats to the state Department of Criminal Justice Services. A patient's gun could be taken from him or her.

6 Ban the Internet sale of assault weapons.

7 Restrict ammunition magazines to seven bullets, from the current national standard of 10. Current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. Someone caught with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.

8 Require that stolen guns be reported within 24 hours. Otherwise, the owner would face a possible misdemeanor.

9 Increase sentences for gun crimes including for taking a gun on school property.

10 Increase penalties for shooting first responders, called the "Webster provision." Two firefighters were killed when shot by a person who set a fire in the western New York town of Webster last month. The crime would be punishable by life in prison without parole.

11 Limit the state records law to protect handgun owners from being identified publicly. The provision would allow a handgun permit holder a means to maintain privacy under the Freedom of Information law.

12 Require pistol permit holders or those who will be registered as owners of assault rifles to be recertified at least every five years to make sure they are still legally able to own the guns.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3981 posts)
Looks like somebody needed thier Binky today..... I am sorry I missed his meltdown.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9727 posts)
I'm not a member of the Tea Party. I have however, attended some of their rallies in NJ before the election.

I also, got a great glimpse of the so called 99% OWS thuggies. By also attending their so called occupation of Zuccotti park.

I've yet to hear of a single violent incident from the Tea party rallies. Unfortunately, cannot say the same about the thugs that attempted to destroy downtown Manhattan, who defecated, raped, drugged, and harassed people in the vicinity.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17265 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 55   End
TOPIC: What do we need to add to the Law