What Really Happened in Ct Why was the world misinformerd : Swingers Discussion 21604710141
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhat Really Happened in Ct Why was the world misinformerd
TOPIC: What Really Happened in Ct Why was the world misinformerd
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   141 to 150 of 152   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think that what may come out in the investigation is that the shooter went to the high school first but there was a police car there !!!

Danbury CT
Username hidden
(67 posts)
If the state don't have the resources to care for the mentally ill where are they getting the people to judge who are mentally fit to handle a firearm properly? I happen to have some experience with the mentally ill. I have see many a doctor mis diagnose a type of illness many times and also know a shrink that needs a shrink herself.

Here in Connecticut we do have a "assault weapons" ban ! You cannot purchase a pistol without a permit that requires a 8 hour safety and shooting course , fingerprinting, background check. You cannot purchase a long gun without a pistol permit , hunting license or a two week waiting period and background check. Felons don't get guns period , well legally anyway.

Danbury CT
Username hidden
(67 posts)
Mark I cannot think of one good legitimate reason for them to stage the discovery of the shotgun in the trunk. Considerable time after it had already been in custody.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19319 posts)
"Not buying into the big cover up story. I watched the footage of them taking the "long gun" out of the trunk and it was a shotgun. I have no doubt what so ever about that. The video was released on either that day or the next morning."

Did you happen to notice the video was shot in the dark using spot lights. The first report was around 9:30 am. Radio traffic within an hour clearly stated 2 handguns, shotgun, and a rifle had been recovered. I find it odd that they recovered the shotgun before noon, yet they put out a video taking it out of the trunk in the dark.

What ever else is theory the video is not, and something funky went on that they clearly staged the video.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19319 posts)
Jack: There are still conflicting reports on what type and what caliber of firearms were actually used. I put up a post about the AR actually being found with the shotgun in the car. I later took it down as it is again not clear where the rifle was actually found or if it was ever used.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Bonn:

The states don't have the resources to warehouse the mentally ill. Just about every state in the US has a problem providing for the criminals in our states...

As such it becomes the responsibility of the caregivers to these people to prevent their ease of access to fire arms. In this case, the nut killed the owner of the fire arms and used them in an act of senseless violence as he acted out against a society he felt was treating him unfairly.

I do not promote the idea of banning weapons from law abiding people, I do not promote the idea of more weapons being the answer to our problems. Instead mental health MUST be our solution and to that end updating our gun laws.

Updating gun laws isn't banning a weapon, it isn't taking guns from mentally fit and responsible gun owners. It is protecting the public from the mentally unfit and irresponsible owners.

In the case of sandyhook or other where a mentally unfit person lives with a weapon owner... I believe that the mentally fit owner ought to retain the ability to own their weapons, just not house them in the same building as the mentally unfit individual.

To determine mental fitness, one would have to pass a mental fitness test every 2-4 years. (the range of years is debatable, however it ought to be something that is repeated more often than every ten years as mental fitness can change rapidly.)

While this may sound like I am saying to take your weapons from you if you become mentally unfit, this doesn't have to be an indefinite situation. There are many cases where a person becomes temporary unfit due to life altering changes.

If your life, get it back on track and pass the mental fitness test and your weapons would have to be returned to you. What this means is your owner ship over the weapons isn't challenged... Only your possession of them while you are mentally unfit.

This will require the US government/State governments to provide Armories in multiple places within a state... Maybe every county with said states. If you are mentally fit, but live with a mentally unfit person... You can store your weapons in the armory (something like 5 without charge) and when you decide to go hunting or otherwise use them... You simply sign them out and return them when you are finished.

This would have kept the weapons out of the hands of the sandyhook shooter, this would have kept the weapons out of the hands of a great many mass shooters who were already identified as mentally ill and lived with weapon owners.

Is this a perfect Idea? No... No one plan is perfect and yes the gun owners lose more than anyone else... But the alternative is to sit on your behind and refuse to do anything, to show that you are trying to do something other than demand that we all be as fearful as the lunatics in the NRA, demanding more guns be the answer to this nations wows.

Failure to put forth this effort will not salt the publics out rage and demands for the banning of weapons which aren't even used very often in any gun related crimes.

The left is missing the ball in this case with their ban on assault weapons and magazine caps... Hand guns kill more than assault rifles.

The right are simply on another planet if they think society will accept more guns as the solution.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7442 posts)
I think the answer can be found found in a statement from a former member of the obama's administration. Would explain the political posturing.

Rahm Emanuel: "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste"

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2360 posts)
What was not ever mentioned was that a state mental hospital was closed for some unseen reason where else but Newtown connecticut , it was called Fairfield hills hospital. It's now home to the state horse guard and some Newtown town offices.

The mother of the shooter was also a so called prepper afraid of the government economic collapse and purchased those weapons for protection.

What really gets me is the word "assault rifle" . I have a few rifles that will now be considered a "assault rifle" with new laws that may pass.

I may be a criminal soon!

Danbury CT
Username hidden
(67 posts)
Not buying into the big cover up story. I watched the footage of them taking the "long gun" out of the trunk and it was a shotgun. I have no doubt what so ever about that. The video was released on either that day or the next morning. For this to have been some kind of a cover up hundreds of people would have to be involved. If two people know something it will never remain a secret and the odds of a hundred people pulling this kind of a cover up is unbelievable.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
There was also reports of 2 guys dressed as nuns in a red SUV with the back window shot out seem leaving the area. Did the shooters mother work at the school ? There will always be unanswered questions and conspiracy theory's . In the end there are still 28 lives lost.

Danbury CT
Username hidden
(67 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   141 to 150 of 152   End
TOPIC: What Really Happened in Ct Why was the world misinformerd