Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics What's your delusion
TOPIC: What's your delusion
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   51 to 60 of 76   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"You lamenting no one taking into account how many other taxes Romney pays while ignoring the other taxes that poor people pay is just as disingenuous as others only talking about Romney's federal taxes. "

I didn't "lament it" - I clarified it. If we're going to talk about give and take with government, and talk about the entire financial picture, we need to talk about all of these things. Basically, disposable income = total income - taxes + net social benefit

Net social benefit of course can be difficult to define. Some things such as police protection and road construction are relatively constant and can be ignored. Other things such as food stamps, subsidized day care, Medicaid etc can be quantified.

I am not saying in any circumstances that I envy the poor (having been poor myself I know how much it sucks). I am saying that Outdoor's outrageous statement with respect to how rich people aren't paying taxes while the lower classes are shouldering everything is a spectacular (and oft-repeated) lie. The numbers crush this completely.

We can keep telling emotionally-driven lies which get politicians elected, or we can crunch numbers which numb the brains of the idiot masses. I vote numbers.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
Regardless of which taxes you want to regard or disregard, if the top 1% (or 10%) are in the 38% tax bracket, and their summary taxation is under 30% of their income -- and that includes state and local taxes -- then obviously they're not paying taxes on a significant part of their income.

The other bottom line here is that nobody has found or created on this planet, in the past or the present, a place with lower taxes and a higher quality of life. That's what makes the lower-tax paradise a delusional fantasy.

Robert's space tower might be feasible IF we could turn down the gravity a whole bunch. But that's not gonna happen, either.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
What swooning nut huggers of the 1% like Vabeach always fail to mention, is that the lower middle class and the working poor spend virtually 100% of their incomes on food, clothing, sustenance, housing and taxes. They have NO income to shelter or tax defer, and in most cases even save The numbers don't work for WHO?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
"The numbers do not work for you."

Who said anything about numbers?

You lamenting no one taking into account how many other taxes Romney pays while ignoring the other taxes that poor people pay is just as disingenuous as others only talking about Romney's federal taxes.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17438 posts)
Anyone know anyone in the 39.6% bracket eager to switch places with someone in the 10% bracket? .......anyone? Exactly, so please try not to be so stupid

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
You're not seriously going to go there....

The numbers do not work for you.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
The way you presented it is equally misleading.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17438 posts)
I only mentioned that because people were cherry picking his 14% alone (and you and I specifically went through this... I remember) while taking someone else and lumping every tax under the sun to try and paint a picture that just isn't accurate.

Like the Warren Buffett and his secretary thing... once one begins to crunch the numbers you realize the story is extremely misleading. You know that.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
Hmmm,

VA,

Why do you exclude all of the other taxes people pay when you are talking about poor people, but include them when you talk about Mitt Romney?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17438 posts)
Well every "loophole" was once trumpeted by a politician as a deduction so-and-so needed.

Deducting college tuition is a "loophole" by that definition. Or mortgage interest. Or any of the other "tax cuts" that Obama introduced which are really deductions and credits.

Today's "tax cut" is tomorrow's "loophole".

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   51 to 60 of 76   End
TOPIC: What's your delusion