What's your delusion : Swingers Discussion 2203221041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWhat's your delusion
TOPIC: What's your delusion
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   41 to 50 of 76   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I have difficulty working up a lot of tears for anyone unfortunate enough to make $450,000 AGI per year, thereby getting bumped into the 39% marginal bracket (but paying an actual effective average rate of 23%). Just as I don't have much patience with anyone who could work but chooses not to, or with peeps who spend foolishly what money they do earn. 

Debating tax rates by what is "fair" to one quintile or another is, I think, a fool's errand. Every beholder sees things through different eyes. 

But overall, both nominal and effective average tax rates are substantially lower now than they were 30 years ago. And the earners at the very top are much better off now in after-tax and after-transfer income, both in absolute terms and relative to everyone else, than they used to be (not that tax policy has been any significant driver in that trend). 

There was a CBO analysis awhile back that documented this pretty well. The reality is that the opportunities for getting filthy rich are better than they ever have been. 

I'm not especially happy that I've paid a shit ton of income tax over the years, but don't consider it an ass raping either. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"The money Mitt Romney earns is *hardly* that. "

"Well, except for maybe that 100 million IRA... "

That's right! That money just fell from the sky! Right!??

Nice distraction, but I'll take your bait anyway. That money has 3 potential fates (and probably all 3 will apply):

1. Withdrawn as retirement income, where it will be taxed as income (and probably at the top rate of 39.6%).

2. Willed to his children, where it will be taxed as an inheritance (at 55%)

3. Set up as a charitable endowment (i.e. not his)

So are you going to play that little game and try to make it out that he's somehow stashed away $100 million tax free that he is free to do with as he chooses? And if not, why did you say it?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19818 posts)
"You can't make this shit up."

Your lack of acknowledging it's "truthiness" does not negate its "truthiness"

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19818 posts)
"The money Mitt Romney earns is *hardly* that. "

Well, except for maybe that 100 million IRA...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
" ...the value of the work they do is significantly lower, which is why they earn less."

You can't make this shit up. You pay yourself more and your workers less; and this proves your work is worth more, and theirs is worth less.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
You said:

"nationwide I believe poor people pay a larger percentage of their incomes in taxes, on average. "

And those numbers include all the government programs they get to offset those costs they shoulder, correct? Oh wait no they don't.

"The lower classes certainly shoulder most of the actual work in the country while getting a pittance of the profits."

They might be expending more calories in doing their work, but the value of the work they do is significantly lower, which is why they earn less.

"If you won the 600 million dollar lottery, but after taxes you only got to keep half of it, would that be a 300 million dollar windfall? -- or a 300 million dollar ass-raping?"

It would be both. However, to compare a lottery winner (who simply had their money fall out of the sky) to an entrepreneur or investor (whose money most definitely did not) is comparing apples and oranges. More like apples and pine cones. A lottery win is a true windfall. The money Mitt Romney earns is *hardly* that. A lot of people think it is, but it's not my problem that they don't understand that it is absolutely not that at all.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19818 posts)
"...outrageous statement with respect to how rich people aren't paying taxes while the lower classes are shouldering everything is a spectacular (and oft-repeated) lie. "

Well yeah, that would be outrageous and spectacular and a lie. But I didn't say it. The numbers I linked to indicate the underclasses pay almost as much of their income in taxes as do the rich.

So we may speculate whether you can see just every other word in a paragraph, or if you're defensive about the facts. The lower classes certainly shoulder most of the actual work in the country while getting a pittance of the profits.

If you won the 600 million dollar lottery, but after taxes you only got to keep half of it, would that be a 300 million dollar windfall? -- or a 300 million dollar ass-raping?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Big:

If the top classes paid their employees a living wage which grew demand for products and services, then the government wouldn't be paying the lower classes subsidies like social welfare and thus real supply and demand would control the markets.

Bust as the top classes refuse to pay a living wage... Even to those who work full time and make wal-mart investors and exc's their millions... the government must step in to prevent revolution. (Thus, the need for social welfare.)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7580 posts)
I have read the pro and con on taxes.just one question.just how much is the goverment allowed to steal form you.if they charge you more then other people,they are stealing form you.poor pepole,it would not make any differnet how much money they had they would still be poor.sorry but that is a fact of life,it called realality.goverment can not bring people out of proverty.only a person can bring themselves out of proverty.rich pepole do more to help poor people then pp,rh,zz,gusher,and half a dozen other nit wits here have ever done in there lives.the left is caught up in ideas,not in facts or realality.the left is delusional.they should not be in charge of anything let a lone other peoples money.the left does not have any facts to support thier case.so they have to make things up.losers............BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
"Regardless of which taxes you want to regard or disregard, if the top 1% (or 10%) are in the 38% tax bracket, and their summary taxation is under 30% of their income -- and that includes state and local taxes -- then obviously they're not paying taxes on a significant part of their income. "

Your lack of understanding of how the math behind taxes work is not my problem, Outdoor.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19818 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   41 to 50 of 76   End
TOPIC: What's your delusion