We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism : Swingers Discussion 2205811071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWe have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 366   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That's another matter entirely.

Presuming this guy is guilty (and it seems like a safe presumption), I very much want justice to be served. However, I want it served by a justice system, not some vigilante with a pitchfork.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19795 posts)
"a country governed by laws and due process"

In several posts here I've used the terms "due process" and constitutional "protections" sort of interchangeably. I should clarify that in the context of this thread, I'm referring to all of those protections in the Bill of Rights under the 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th amendments. Yeah, I know "due process" often means only those things mentioned in the 5th; I use it here as shorthand for the broader range of protections in the BOR.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"FJ I'm angry and I'm angry at thoes who wish to show sympathy and mercy to the ones who carried this out. "

Nobody here is showing sympathy to anyone who did this.

But if you want to live in a country governed by laws and due process instead of angry mobs, it is imperative that the process be walked through equally for all.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19795 posts)
Sweet do you ever stop to wonder if those innocent people that Obama has killed in other countries feel the same way as you?

Do you think it is right to punish innocent citizens for what two assholes did?

Would you be OK if it was one of your family the police paraded naked down the street?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
"So tell me, What should the response be? Should we just forget it ever happen?"

Why do you keep posing false choices? "Forget it ever happened" and "DEATH TO ISLAM" aren't the only two options on the table.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
BS....The fact that you began that rant with the word "Muslims" is the problem. We can't have another decade of institutional bigotry like we did after 9/11/2001 The word is "Terrorist" and they come in all faith, colors and nationalities. The one currently in custody, is a Caucasian American citizen

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
muslims wanted to change America.911 did that.we changed.they got excaty what they wanted.we reacted in fear,thats what they wanted.now we have lost rights and freedoms.and an added burden we have dhs, a unknown sinkhole of billons of dollars and a power house like we have never know in history.there is noting good about the patroit act.it should be done away with.it is a very bad law which in time we will regret.terrorist spread terror,thats what they do.don't let them scare you in doing things you will regert later.terrorist can't terrorise people who refuse to be terrorised or change.we have let them terrorise us by changing our country..........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
I do not believe anyone is expressing sympathy, but many of us are concerned with the tossing to the side of constitutional rights of over a million people.

You are reacting exactly the way the terrorists want you to.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
I don't know who is surprising me more~~T appears more and more like a classic liberal which would be a libertarian these days, kudos. And sweet sounds more like a progressive statist worshiping the power of government to reek revenge.

But what happens to the rest of the citizens in this country? How much will we spend? How many people will we parade naked in the streets? How many women get groped in the name of a sense of warm and fuzzy?

Is this the America you want?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
Sweet I thought you were a libertarian? You are willing to sacrifice the rights of others for your feeling of safety? Revenge?

Are you giving in to the terrorists?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 366   End
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism