Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 366   End
User Details are only visible to members.
And yet Justin Bieber is still here. It's an unjust world, I tells ya.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
They took away my maple syrup, poutine, and Wayne Gretzky poster!

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
First they came for the foreign-born citizen and I didn't speak out ....

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"No kidding? And I almost always agree with you."

There's been a few comments you've made where I agreed with most of it, but disagreed with a small detail or something. Maybe it was something so minor that I didn't even bother responding. Whatever it was, it wasn't important enough for me to remember.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
"No kidding? And I almost always agree with you."

Oh shit, a Kumbayah moment. Perhaps the second or third such event in SLS Political Forum history.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
"This is probably one of the first things I've seen you post that I agree with emphatically. "

No kidding? And I almost always agree with you. So things are looking up. "Terrorist heaven" is actually an oxymoron that one can hardly agree with, so apparently you got the sarcasm.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Well there's the rub. If a mastermind like bin Laden can get Americans to undo themselves, then the 9-11 attacks were just the bee sting that made the driver run off the road.

What's happened since 9-11-01? Well, America turned to using torture, invaded 2 countries, had a major financial crash, did many things wrong in recovering, elected a bunch of people to our Congress whose sole mission is to dismantle the US Govt...

Osama is in terrorist heaven looking down and laughing at what fools can do in a free society. The more countries, religions, sciences, and philosophies we declare war against, the more wars we gonna lose."

This is probably one of the first things I've seen you post that I agree with emphatically. As a country, we think that if we don't bomb a country back to the 12th century that we've lost. Nothing could be further from the truth. The terrorists win when things like the Patriot Act exist. They win when TSA has carte blanche to grope anyone they want, be it a 90 year old woman or a 2 yr old kid. They win when the NSA is authorized to perform illegal wiretaps on US citizens. They win when you can be added to the "No Fly List" for eating at certain ethnic restaurants too many times in a month.

I'd much rather live in a country where I have to inspect my car everyday for a bomb and have my freedoms completely unobstructed and in tact than I would to live in a place where my freedoms are secondary to public safety.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
"I don't know who is surprising me more~~T appears more and more like a classic liberal which would be a libertarian these days, kudos."

I've been told this quite a bit lately. Twice last week, even. But since I've never been overly concerned with political labels or parties, I've never really bothered to see which category/party/etc I relate to the most. That's probably why I usually just stick to the "I lean left or right depending on the issue" schtick. I really just try to apply some common sense and not have knee jerk reactions. Don't really care which side of the line my particular opinion may fall on.

Sweet's "blood lust" is laughable. Pretty typical response from anyone unable or unwilling to look at the big picture or see these attacks for what they really are. Just hit the panic button and send in the Marines instead. Nuke 'em all, let baby jesus sort 'em out, right?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
"So they might blow up a building or 2 every now and then. They'll rack up a body count. But none of that will ever actually weaken this country, unless we let it. "

Well there's the rub. If a mastermind like bin Laden can get Americans to undo themselves, then the 9-11 attacks were just the bee sting that made the driver run off the road.

What's happened since 9-11-01? Well, America turned to using torture, invaded 2 countries, had a major financial crash, did many things wrong in recovering, elected a bunch of people to our Congress whose sole mission is to dismantle the US Govt...

Osama is in terrorist heaven looking down and laughing at what fools can do in a free society. The more countries, religions, sciences, and philosophies we declare war against, the more wars we gonna lose.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 366   End
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism