We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism : Swingers Discussion 22058110161
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWe have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   161 to 170 of 366   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Not a THESIS. A conversation. Things progress. Discussions change between Enemy Combatant, and loss of citizenship."

So are you now saying that foreign born citizens don't need to be held to a higher standard for "normal" criminal acts that aren't crimes against the country/gov't?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"VA get's the same sentence and loses his citizenship, if he had it."

Yep, not an enemy combatant

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
"ou're slipping a little Perf. You're claiming that it would only apply to "acts against the country" but when I brought up this scenario:"

Not a THESIS. A conversation. Things progress. Discussions change between Enemy Combatant, and loss of citizenship.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
I have no American citizenship to strip. Mrs. VA was born in Texas. Her and the kids are all duel US/Canadian citizens (kids through Mrs. VA's birthright - citizens born abroad, retroactively).

My Green Card however, can be taken from me should I do something sufficiently criminal.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18832 posts)
ut now you've gone back to advocating that foreign-born US citizens should be subject to suspension of their civil rights.

That's my reading of this thread, and I'm willing to bet it's one shared by every other halfway sane person here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Because you are a jackass! I NEVER said such a thing. I specifically stated I'd be in favor of designating him an Enemy Combatant, so we could interrogate him......not because he was foreign born.

You're a piece of shit.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
You're slipping a little Perf. You're claiming that it would only apply to "acts against the country" but when I brought up this scenario:

"Fair enough. So if VA murders his neighbor because the neighbor keeps playing loud music all night, should VA get a harsher sentence than if you or I did the same thing? "

You replied with this:

"Is my English really this poor?

VA get's the same sentence and loses his citizenship, if he had it."

And that's just for a heat of the moment, unplanned murder of his douche bag neighbor. No crime against the US. No aiding of known enemies of the state. No act of treason. But you said you would still advocate treating him as a 2nd class citizen and limiting/stripping his Constitutionally protected rights and citizenship.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
After your lame attempt to deflect via Heller and repeating your belief that immigrants should be treated differently, I responded:

"The Heller case answered a fairly debatable question of first impression. You are arguing in favor of second class citizenship for naturalized citizens that is expressly contrary to the explicit provisions of the Constitution."

You scoffed at that, saying "Stiffer penalties for serious crimes committed by those who CHOSE to live here. That's not second class citizenship."

++++++++++++++++++++++

SPIN!!!!!!!!!! Taking shit out of context. This is a conversation, not a thesis. You conveniently don't mention this post..........

"You said citizens should be treated more harshly if they immigrated here, than if they obtained their citizenship by birth. That notion flies directly in the face of our Constitution."

That's YOUR opinion. I say the Constitution already treats natural born citizens differently. I'm not talking about NEW laws, or even harsher punishment. I'm saying that if a serious felony is committed then they lose their citizenship.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
Then in another post to VA you said "And I think they [foreign-born] should be held to higher standard for obeying the laws."

Since you were advocating disparate treatment of natural born and naturalized citizens which is constitutionally prohibited, I asked why you hated it. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SPIN!!!!!!!!!!! My response was directly to VA whom I quoted. "I personally think that unless someone obtained citizenship through fraudulent means, their citizenship cannot be revoked. "

So in CONTEXT it applies to citizenship being revoked. You can't strip citizenship from a natural born for rape or murder, but I advocate, and you agreed, it might be good for naturalized.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
You scoffed: "Those that choose to live here should be held to have respect for laws of the country." (As if that shouldn't be the same for everyone).

Somewhere along the way you had added that you also thought they should be stripped of citizenship if they committed a serious crime (which I don't really disagree with). +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's the same fucking thing! You're just looking to split hairs, or spin my word choice.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
You added "I just don't think you treat immigrants the same when it comes to acts against the country."

It sounded to me like you were advocating second-class treatment of naturalized citizens

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm not sure what part of 'act against the country' you don't understand. If you do, then you don't know what a second-class citizen is. You ASSume way too much all the time.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   161 to 170 of 366   End
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism