We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism : Swingers Discussion 22058110151
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWe have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
GoTo Page: Less ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... More 
Start   151 to 160 of 366   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Whew! You guys have been busy. Hitler stripped citizens of their citizenship, and then went on to do really nasty things to them. Keep in mind we are not Nazi Germany, and there is a reason we have the constitution. We are a republic of laws, and the constitution. We can't just wing it because of emotions. That has been done for many years and it brought us gun control.

Hell, if we go by emotion of the masses, Obama could seize every gun tomorrow.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19241 posts)
ut now you've gone back to advocating that foreign-born US citizens should be subject to suspension of their civil rights. 

That's my reading of this thread, and I'm willing to bet it's one shared by every other halfway sane person here. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++ 

Because you are a jackass! I NEVER said such a thing. I specifically stated I'd be in favor of designating him an Enemy Combatant, so we could interrogate him......not because he was foreign born. 

You're a piece of shit. =============

Oh really? Everything above that double line is your post today, quoting and then responding to me. Everything below the next double line is your post yesterday, quoting and then responding to VA.  

Oh, the irony of you saying ANYTHING about reading comprehension. 

================

"I have a problem with the proposal of stripping American citizens accused of crimes in the United States of due process because we've decided they're "really really bad". 

I don't. Not if interrogating them could prevent further mayhem. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10833 posts)
"Everyone is alleged until a guilty verdict is handed out"

Sure, it just depends on what 'alleged' lets you do to them. Maybe there should be something similiar to a Grand Jury that decides if the evidence dictates designation of Enemy Combatant for naturalized suspects in these types of attacks.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
Everyone is alleged until a guilty verdict is handed out.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"So innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to alleged (and that's all he is right now) enemies of the state? "

That's the tricky part, but yes. There will always be people who think he is 'alleged' at this point.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
"No, I would like naturalized citizen's to be denaturalized for crimes punishable by 5 years or more in prison."

Agree to disagree. No point in spinning the wheels any longer.

"I would like immediate designation of Enemy Combatant for foreign born citizens who commit acts against the country."

So innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to alleged (and that's all he is right now) enemies of the state? Or are you saying that once guilt is actually proven, then you immediately designate him/her/them an enemy combatant and proceed from there?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"If convicted of a felony, I *could* lose my Green Card and be deported upon completion of any sentence I serve. "

I figured as much and don't disagree with that at all. Green Card holders are here legally and "permanently" but since they don't hold citizenship, their status can obviously be revoked at anytime if they fail to meet the minimal requirements for residency.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
cpl - Yes. All one needs to be is legally in the country to be afforded due process. Someone on vacation on a travel visa would be too.

If convicted of a felony, I *could* lose my Green Card and be deported upon completion of any sentence I serve.

So I'd better be good :)

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
"So are you now saying that foreign born citizens don't need to be held to a higher standard for "normal" criminal acts that aren't crimes against the country/gov't? "

No, I would like naturalized citizen's to be denaturalized for crimes punishable by 5 years or more in prison.

I would like immediate designation of Enemy Combatant for foreign born citizens who commit acts against the country.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
"I have no American citizenship to strip. Mrs. VA was born in Texas. Her and the kids are all duel US/Canadian citizens (kids through Mrs. VA's birthright - citizens born abroad, retroactively).

My Green Card however, can be taken from me should I do something sufficiently criminal."

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but being a legal resident still affords you the same due process as being a naturalized citizen, correct?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... More 
Start   151 to 160 of 366   End
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism