We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism : Swingers Discussion 22058110121
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWe have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 372   End
User Details are only visible to members.
FJ - the part I hate about Hate Crimes (lol) is the Federalization.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Perf, what you are suggesting, IMO, is sort of turning a crime into sort of a hate crime. A crime is a crime, no matter what the influences. Basing extra punishment on influences is basing punishment on emotion.

It is not a crime to hate the US, it is a crime to bomb people for any reason.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
"The bombing of the LA Times in 1910 The Wall St bombing in 1920 The Unabomber The Jewish Defense League The OKC bombing The Olympic bombing

What was the citizenship status of those involved?

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"Much of your going off on Fun is based upon your claim that he's saying things you haven't said. But you have said them. "

lol. I say something in general terms, later it gets defined, but he always resort to his assumption on the first statement. This isn't a thesis. I don't write 10 paragraph posts. This is a few minute distraction from work every now and then.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"The difference to me is the likelyhood of outside influence, motive, and aid."

The bombing of the LA Times in 1910 The Wall St bombing in 1920 The Unabomber The Jewish Defense League The OKC bombing The Olympic bombing

They all say Hi.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3172 posts)
"If me and a couple of guys decided to kill a bunch of people in the name of north korea, then we should be treated as enemy combatants because we choose to take up arms against U.S citizens in the name of an enemy country."

You are dancing on a dangerously slippery slope by offering ANY way to suspend the constitutional protections for ANYONE within the borders of this country. 

Who gets to decide that you're an enemy? The (politically-appointed) Attorney General? How does such a decision get made? What protections do you have against them getting it wrong? 

There are countless tales of innocent people getting ramrodded by rogue, dishonest, politically-motivated, and/or stupid prosecutors. That's even WITH the protections we have. Take them away, and no one is safe. 

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10416 posts)
Much of your going off on Fun is based upon your claim that he's saying things you haven't said. But you have said them.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17656 posts)
"I agree except i think even a natural born citizen should get the same treatment, An enemy of the state is an enemy of the state no matter where they are born. "

The difference to me is the likelyhood of outside influence, motive, and aid.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"3. And I think they should be held to higher standard for obeying the laws. Just a difference of opinion. "

But I went on to define it, and as it turns out it's already in existence in some form.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"Then you wandered around for awhile repeating that foreign-born citizens should be treated differently, and held to a higher standard." Bullshit. Where?

3. And I think they should be held to higher standard for obeying the laws. Just a difference of opinion.

It's almost exactly what you said you didn't say.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17656 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 372   End
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism