We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism : Swingers Discussion 22058110101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWe have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 366   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"We've managed to fend off the terrorists from our shores fairly well even without abolishing due process. "

Fairly well = about 4000 lives. WTF????????

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16976 posts)
Look, here's the bottom line...

Rules can and are changed. However, when it comes to matters such as clearly spelled out rights granted in the constitution, you cannot change them without amending the constitution. There are ways to do that, of course, although they are (purposefully) difficult.

You cannot just suspend civil rights because we're in a war, or because you're angry.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19434 posts)
How much does it coast?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I generally try to avoid getting Candida.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19434 posts)
"So should we lay down our arms and lower our flag or should we fight to win at all coast?"

Even without defining what you mean by "all costs," it appears you are presenting a false choice. We've managed to fend off the terrorists from our shores fairly well even without abolishing due process.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Do you think stringing this guy up by his nuts or pulling his nails out with vice grips would stop them from coming?

Do not hand over your own personal liberty out of disgust for this guy.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19434 posts)
"In time of war one most do what must be Done to win"

Sometimes I worry about us losing the war against absurdity.

The idea that we can't win the war on terror without suspending due process rights of the Boston bomber kid is absurd.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"I would say to the House, as I said to those who have joined this Government: 'I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.' We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. "

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16976 posts)
The Revolutionary war was embarrassing to England.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16976 posts)
"That means we need to change the rules or suffer defeat."

I hope you are in a very, very small minority of people who think like that.

Our history of changing the rules to meet perceived wartime threats is an embarrassing one. The Sedition Act during WWI and the despicable internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII come to mind.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 366   End
TOPIC: We have an AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL accused of Terrorism