War crimes : Swingers Discussion 89872
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWar crimes
TOPIC: War crimes
Created by: tbearnskwerl
Original Starting post for this thread:
I'm a patriot. With that said here's what I got to say... I don't like Bush. I'd still take a bullet for him 'cuz he's my president. But... If he is tried and found guilty of war crimes, would we as a country really execute him, one of our own presidents? I know that noone is above the law, but if it really happens would we (any American) pull the switch?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
User Details are only visible to members.
WASHINGTON - The State Department promised Blackwater USA bodyguards immunity from prosecution in its investigation of last month’s deadly shooting of 17 Iraqi civilians, The Associated Press has learned.

As a result, it will likely be months before the United States can — if ever — bring criminal charges in the case that has infuriated the Iraqi government.

“Once you give immunity, you can’t take it away,” said a senior law enforcement official familiar with the investigation.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
the only ones who think there is something wrong are the idiots that favor the libs, fukem like we did gore and kerry..if you ever protected this country you would feel differently

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
There are plenty of people that come down on each side of the issue, and a case can be made for either side.

It is my opinion that we should treat our prisoners as we want our combatants to be treated. To do otherwise may subject any of our troops captured to treatment they might not otherwise receive.

It also reduces other's opinions of us. Now, you may not think much of that, but it is essential (again my opinion) to gain cooperation with other countries to mitigate this problem we find ourselves in.

Also, we continue to tell everyone that we are the best, most free, most wonderful country in the world. Some of the things we have done are not what we would portray ourselves to be.

Matthew 25:40-45

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
If they are enemy combatants, then they should be subject to the Geneva Conventions. Destin says they are not.

You guys can't have it both ways.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
How can you not love this guy!

SHERIFF JOE IS AT IT AGAIN!

Oh, there's MUCH more to know about Sheriff Joe! Maricopa County was spending approx. $18 million dollars a year on stray animals, like cats and dogs. Sheriff Joe offered to take the department over, and the County Supervisors said okay. The animal shelters are now all staffed and operated by prisoners. They feed and care for the strays. Every animal in his care is taken out and walked twice daily. He now has prisoners who are experts in animal nutrition and behavior. They give great classes for anyone who'd like to adopt an animal. He has literally taken stray dogs off the street, given them to the care of prisoners, and had them place in dog shows. The best part? His budget for the entire department is now under $3 million. Teresa and I adopted a Weimaraner from a Maricopa County shelter two years ago. He was neutered, and current on all shots, in great health, and even had a microchip inserted the day we got him. Cost us $78. The prisoners get the benefit of about $0.28 an hour for working, but most would work for free, just to be out of their cells for the day. Most of his budget is for utilities, building maintenance, etc. He pays the prisoners out of the fees collected for adopted animals. I have long wondered when the rest of the country would take a look at the way he runs the jail system, and copy some of his ideas. He has a huge farm, donated to the county years ago, where inmates can work, and they grow most of their own fresh vegetables and food, doing all the work and harvesting by hand. He has a pretty good sized hog farm, which provides meat, and fertilizer. It fertilizes the Christmas tree nursery, where prisoners work, and you can buy a living Christmas tree for $6 - $8 for the Holidays, and plant it later. We have six trees in our yard fro m the Prison. Yup, he was reelected last year with 83% of the vote. Now he's in trouble with the ACLU again. He painted all his buses and vehicles with a mural, that has a special hotline phone number painted on it, where you can call and report suspected illegal aliens. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement wasn't doing enough in his eyes, so he had 40 deputies trained specifically for enforcing immigration laws, started up his hotline, and bought 4 new buses just for hauling folks back to the border. He's kind of a "Git-R Dun" kind of Sheriff .

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Good, just beat the info from them then behead them!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
That is the Bush administration line, so at least you are being consistent.

So, if there was a person who was mistreated at Abu Gharib, and was later released from custody, their release "proving" that they were not a terrorist, would you agree that they were mistreated and were subject to a war crime?

And, you are not being logical, not that that has ever stopped you before. If the terrorists are not covered by the Geneva Conventions, and the Geneva Conventions define war crimes, the terrorists by definition can not be war criminals.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
There have been NO war crimes, the terrorists are not subject to the Geneva convention, now they may be war criminals. We need to do more to interrogate and our men should never be charged. Those so far that have been are not guilty and should be set free. What happened to prisoners over there was not a crime but the lib anti-American hating people should be the ones charged. Bullshit asshole wimps

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I think we need a bit better definition of war crimes.

War crimes have been committed. They include mistreatment of prisoners of war or civilians. So England and Graner were convicted of war crimes.

There have been many other allegations, but none proven so far.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Correct Jnm, besides there have been no war crimes to begin with, all a crackpot thought anyway.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
TOPIC: War crimes