Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF
TOPIC: Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 82   End
User Details are only visible to members.
ROTFLMAO.....Thanks Akron, you always bring me back when I let biased posters get under my skin.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Freakin politicians!!!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Something else Congress does not say. Walter Reed is being closed as it is being consolidated with Bethesda Naval Medical Research and Training Facility. Currently 68 beds in Bethesda are kept UNFILLED at all times. Why? Because they are kept available for members of Congress or their families. This is a military hospital funded through DOD funding. Yet, 128 wounded from this war are in a nearby condemned facility waiting to be closed until the new combined facility is opened; projected in 2011.

If members of Congress are so outraged, they would transfer priority of those open beds kept for them in Bethesda, to our soldiers in the Walter Reed facility. Members of congress should use the Federal Employees Heath and Benefits Plan, just like other government civilians and obtain their own PRIVATE physicians and dentist NOT the Military Doctors, Nurses and Dentist at Bethesda.

That is another little tidbit many people are unaware of.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Akron wrote:

"Doesn't matter...like global warming and the fact your grocery store was out of neopolitan ice cream last Saturday, the problems at Walter Reed are George Bush's fault." ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Actually, they are PARTLY President Bush's fault. BUT, they are also PARTLY the fault of Congress. President Bush, and the leadership at the Pentagon, should of called on Congress to approve limited contracting through the BRAC oversight on upgrading, and maintaining the conditions at Walter Reed while our solidiers are being cared for there. I do blame this administration for that. However, I also blame the Congress because they to were well aware of how the facilities are NOT kept up once placed on the closure listings. Both are equally at fault, both were looking to not spend money on a projected closure and both should be ashamed.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Perfect asked;

I'm no expert in this area..obviously

Is Walter Reed run by the VA or the DoD? ----------------------------------------------------------------- It is currently a DOD facility with a VA Out Patient Clinic. It is also on the BRAC list and scheduled for closure as of August 2005. There are 4 "lists" of bases, posts and facilities that are looked at for closure, category D through A. If a facility or base/post makes it up onto the B list, all local contracts for new facilities, remodeling or upkeep are stopped. Any facility or base on the category B list, only the BRAC committee can approve continued maintenance based on need or how the contract was originally funded. Walter Reed was placed in the B Category in 1998. It moved to Category A, definite closure, in August 2005. Once in Category A, ALL contracts are suspended and until closure, all daily upkeep is turned over to the soldiers, sailors or airmen, assigned there, as additional duties to their normal duties.

That is what you are NOT hearing from the media.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
JNM,

As always it is you showing your bias. My post clearly states VA AND ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY. I also make it clear that military care, as a whole, has been eroded since 1976. My use of the VA was an example that Bush has attempted to try and return more funding to Veteran care. I think most people understood that, you chose not to. I am NOT happy with the current administrations upkeep or care for our service men and women. However, most of the veterans, including retirees like myself, have been aware of the deteriorating conditions of Walter Reed which were first identified by TREO/TREA starting in 1995.

The ONLY reason it is being brought to the public's attention now is to make Bush look bad. Any decent American should be outraged at ALL our politicians for having let this happen. My point is that much of the legislation that led to the deterioration and lack of maintaining the facilities is based on CUT BACKS. Downsizing of our active duty military, which also affects the ability to spend money and maintain medical facilities can be attributed to both sides of the aisle.

You just missed my point that Democrats have NO room to bitch when they are clearly responsible for much of this problem.

Again, I laugh at the "outrage" that I hear Reid, Pelosi, and other Democrats claim. They could solve this problem in less then 24 hours through an emergency session and direct oversight funding to repair not only Walter Reed but other ACTIVE duty Military Hospitals as well i.e., Landstuhl Burn Center, Fort Sam Houston Medical Center etc.

Also, you site VoteVets dot org and John Stoltz and yet you call me bias. The site is a DEMOCRAT funded organization and Stoltz is a DEMOCRAT fund raiser. You are the one biased and who has NO clue on military affairs.

Also, the President, DOD nor anyone in the Pentagon DOES NOT have the authority to contract outside maintenance or upgrade Walter Reed Hospital. Unlike you JNM, I spent time in the Political realm that crossed the Military bureaucracy with our Congress. In 2005 BRAC APPROVED and placed Walter Reed on the closure list. If you had a clue then you would know that NO monies can be spent on contractors to maintain or upgrade any military facility once that facility is placed on the base/facility closure list. CONGRESS, which controls BRAC, NOT the President, must either approve a waiver for monies to be spent or take it off the closure list. So, the facility is being maintained by the military personnel who work there. That is sad, but as always, there is more to the story and how the monies are appropriated, approved and spent, then the media either reports or cares to understand.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Obvioulsy no one makes any attempt to base any of their comments on fact here. Bush's big spending being an excellent example.

I think conservatives should be a little careful linkiing support for troops to support for the civil war in Iraq. Most Americans feel that we were lied from the start of this war and that is well supported by fact. Most Americans feel that the troops there have no other choice and that they were not the ones who made the failed decision to be there. However, if you are telling us the troops are there for other reasons you'll see that support disapear. I think most people are embarrased by our reaction to returning troops from Vietnam. It's hard to image what Bush must be thinking about increasing troops in Iraq. It's almost like he thinks this a war where we line up and battle it out. The guy with the biggest numbers win. If you've notice they are much smarter than that. They just fall back find our weak spots and then they will attack. That is one of the problems you encounter when you have no idea who the enemy is! We need to pull out now. Granted war spending is driving our economy but how much more war can our great grand children afford?

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(602 posts)
Clarification:

Bush has increased spending in VA Health care alone by 40 percent since 2001. A 5 percent increase in administration cost and a 10 percent increase in new facilities for a total of 55 percent increase.

Again, it is not enough, but it is a step back in the right direction of taking better care of our troops and Veterans.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Several months ago we had a debate about socializing medicine. I pointed out that in 1976, 1979, 1982, 1988, 1989 and 1992 a Democrat controlled congress had eroded or eliminated many VA and military EARNED benefits. I also pointed out that the author, co-author and sponsor of these bills were John Kerry, Pat Leahy, and Dick Durbin.

I also pointed out that these "Public Servants" used the arguments that taxpayers could no longer afford to fund these EARNED benefit programs.

The situation at Walter Reed, as well as ALL VA and, military installations medical facilities and dental clinics sickens me. My disgusts has been stated repeatedly in past posts.

However, these conditions are not solely the responsibility of President Bush. In fact, since he took office he has asked and congress approved an increase of VA spending by 55 percent. This increase is still not enough.

Keith Olbermann is making a big deal out of this, but less then two weeks ago he spent much of the week defending William Arkin’s comments and stating himself, that the military was OVER provided for. Olbermann supported and re-read these comments by Arkin:

"So, we pay the soldiers a decent wage, take care of their families, provide them with housing and medical care and vast social support systems and ship obscene amenities into the war zone for them, we support them in every possible way, and their attitude is that we should in addition roll over and play dead, defer to the military and the generals and let them fight their war, and give up our rights and responsibilities to speak up because they are above society?"

Olbermann claimed Arkin was telling the truth about “obscene amenities”, and O‘Reilly, Hannity and others just hated the truth. Because of their criticism of Arkin, Olbermann named them in his “worst“ of the week segment. Olbermann claimed all Military Personal and their families medical and dental was provided by some of the best, young physicians and nurses in the country. So, now is he wrong or is he just a Bush hater, that does not have a clue to how the military really works?

This week, Olbermann and his ilk want to make you think he cares about the military? Bullshit! He is doing this to attack Bush, when a Democrat congress could solve this overnight by holding an emergency session and FULLY funding ALL VA and Military Medical expenditures. Congress controls spending NOT the President.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
If you don't like the way they run the VA then you damn sure wont like the way they plan to run SOCIALIZED Medicine now will you? LOL you fawkin libs crack me up...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 82   End
TOPIC: Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF