Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF : Swingers Discussion 740091031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWalter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF
TOPIC: Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   31 to 40 of 82   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Nope it doesnt serve a purpose LOL

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Lucky, Tony Snow, when this subject was brought up repeatedly, said "The adminstration will have no comment at this time". Right there on C-SPAN and more than once. It was only when the news reports became quite vocal that the administration had a comment. Just so you know, any time Tony Snow says no comment, I head for the internet to find out what's going on. Its those "no comments" over the years that have usually masked problems.

St. Pete and Sen, I agree. Short Term care appears to operate efficiently. The stories from veterans that I've read all address the long term care as being inefficient and lacking. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Oh and I do like the outrage that Gates is expressing.....waiting for the follow thru at this point.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Let me correct something in my last post. I did not mean to include short term care as a failure, just long term. In agreement with Sen I believe the immediate short term care is second to none. The high degree of "first" care is supurb and a major reason we have 30,000+ seriously wounded instead of dead. That first hour or so is letting saving the lives of our young men and women but creating "long term" care issues.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Wih no disresect intended SandJ but the firing of commanders does not indicate that they are ignoring the problem. And when did this administration say NO COMMENT on this issue? Please show me a statement such as this...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Sen, thanks for agreeing, but more importantly, (at least I think it was your post), thanks for bringing up the very beginning of the downfall of the VA/DOD treatment of returning wounded vets. It was during the Vietnam war when cutbacks in service began, according to more than one uncle (now that I've had a chance to visit with the family a bit).

Their opinion is, and keep in mind this is coming from 3 combat vets, that LBJ and Congress at that time made cuts that they do not believe the general public was aware of. This in turn, forced the VA and DOD into reducing services to wounded vets. Unfortunately, if I undertand the "uncs" correctly, one huge need for the returning Vets in the Vietnam era was drug treatment (and admid cuts of service, this treatment was not readily available). Heroin, among other drugs, was widely available over there, and thus we had a lot of returning addicts, on top of injuries. It was at that time, In My Opinion, that Congress, and each sitting president after LBJ ABDICATED their responsibility to veterans. I do not for one minute believe the general public is quite aware of this - I know I had very little clue, as this was not a subject that I'd ever looked into, nor had discussed.

As far as the seated administration. I did not vote for Bush in either election, and while I don't hate him as some do, I would like him much more if he and his people in the WH would acknowledge problems instead of ignoring them. I truly feel this Democratic congress should force Bush into budgeting more dollars for the care and well being of our returning servicemen and woman. This problem is public now, making "no comment" responses when asked is not the way to go. Neither is relieving mid-level managers and administrators in your zeal to let the public know that you are "handling the problem". S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
The responsibility rests with the commander all the way up to the oval office I am afraid. There is no defense for this issue on both sides. just fix it. sto the blame game and fix it, and apparently they are. And you are correct JNM they are pissed. This situation must be fixed.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
DebJack

You've not rained on anything I've said nor do I think you have rained on Sen's comments. Sen was posting about cutting benefits and I was agreeing. In addition, I and I believe Sen was laying the responsibility at the feet of "all" parties and presidents with a couple of exceptions. One of those exceptions being FDR in wwII. Now I've posted it before and I'm sure you don't remember but FDR taxed the rich at 97% to pay for wwII expenditures which would include short and long term care of veterans. But conservatives don't want the rich paying high taxes for such care, but then I digress into another topic.

However, I was specifically and initially responding to another poster placing the blame on the current dem controlled congress for Walter Reids and the whole veteran medical care system problems. My point was only that the 2 month old dem congress could not be as responsible as the prior 6 years Presidential control and over 12 years congressional control by republicans as they had the last opportunity to do something as well as failing to provide short and long term care of wounded as "part" of its war plans.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Sen

Yes that is exactly what I meant......long term care apparently not contimplated. Another problem coming to light is those injuries without visible signs. Those being what Woodruff mentioned in his report "To Iraq and Back". There are apparently thousands upon thousands with brain injuries from getting their brains knocked around by concusion of IED's. And then there has been mentioned in the news the claims also starting to manifest in post stress (PST I believe they call it now)....all the mental problems usually associated with wars. Together these may total 100,000 to 200,000 or more. I don't believe this has been adequately planned for either. And we know the longer we are at war and the more tours in combat these troops complete, the more of these casualties there will be. From what I hear we've had over 1.5 million total troops in theater so far and those figures may ultimately prove to be low.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
StPete,

I misunderstood you. I read your post that it was NOT feasible to plan for casualties and proper places to care for them. If you are saying the Bush administration failed in planning for these causalities, in the long term, I concur.

However, most of the soldiers at Walter Reed are those who have been moved from other military hospitals, and are now receiving long term care, physical therapy, and fittings for prosthetics. From what I have seen, treatment and conditions at military facilities where the casualties are "fresh" are excellent. Bush did well in that. What was not thought out and has been a system and bureaucratic problem for decades is the long term or follow up care. That is what is happening at Walter Reed.

My apologies for misunderstanding your post.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   31 to 40 of 82   End
TOPIC: Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF